Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 523

2 members and 521 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Feeding help needed BADLY

Ball pythons are finicky. I have over 30 right now, and some eat everything that I put in their tub! Others won’t eat for months at a time.

Security is critically important, wether you have a tiny tub or a huge terrarium, it should have small tight hides and lots of cover, so they can move and hunt covertly and feel hidden from potential predators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-03-2019),Craiga 01453 (07-03-2019),NewmanLovesSnakes (07-03-2019)

Thanks

Thanks!

Ok so I hadn't realized so many people had continued replying. I posted a thank you post a while back not sure if any of you have seen it. It was basically saying that I got him to eat! I followed many people's advice and he is now wonderful the problem was definitely the size of the tank. I got him in a new enclosure and sold my old one to someone with a much larger species of snake. As for the distilled water at the time I was using something called "Reptile water" which was NOT DISTILLED I guess at the time I thought that was what it was but it was not. I kinda stopped replying to this post after a while leaving some of your questions unanswered. I got really busy because of a death in the family while also trying to keep up with him and kind of forgot for a while. This is and update post and as of now there is nothing wrong with him. So after he started eating I waited for a couple of months and started handling he was really scared but has really improved. He was a lot smaller than normal pythons his age so I took him to a vet and they said the age I was given is most likely incorrect. He is just now about a year and 2 months and will be having his first rat! My boy grew big and strong and is now ready for even bigger food. I am so glad I got this sorted out and I wanted to thank everyone. I was really under informed when I got him as I was given a lot of wrong information from many people and I now realize that If I have any future problems here would be the place to go. Hopefully I can figure out how to post photo's soon so everyone can see his progress and how much of a handsome boy he is. Again thank you everyone!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran_songs For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-16-2020),NewmanLovesSnakes (02-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 11,825 Posts

Re: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran_songs View Post
    Ok so I hadn't realized so many people had continued replying. I posted a thank you post a while back not sure if any of you have seen it. It was basically saying that I got him to eat! I followed many people's advice and he is now wonderful the problem was definitely the size of the tank. I got him in a new enclosure and sold my old one to someone with a much larger species of snake. As for the distilled water at the time I was using something called "Reptile water" which was NOT DISTILLED I guess at the time I thought that was what it was but it was not. I kinda stopped replying to this post after a while leaving some of your questions unanswered. I got really busy because of a death in the family while also trying to keep up with him and kind of forgot for a while. This is and update post and as of now there is nothing wrong with him. So after he started eating I waited for a couple of months and started handling he was really scared but has really improved. He was a lot smaller than normal pythons his age so I took him to a vet and they said the age I was given is most likely incorrect. He is just now about a year and 2 months and will be having his first rat! My boy grew big and strong and is now ready for even bigger food. I am so glad I got this sorted out and I wanted to thank everyone. I was really under informed when I got him as I was given a lot of wrong information from many people and I now realize that If I have any future problems here would be the place to go. Hopefully I can figure out how to post photo's soon so everyone can see his progress and how much of a handsome boy he is. Again thank you everyone!
    I do remember seeing your update (that your snake finally ate), & sure don't blame you for not coming back to this thread as it really "went off the tracks" lol.
    I'm very glad to hear your snake is doing well now, but sorry for the death in your family...seems like "it's always something", & all we can do is keep going forward.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Yeah! I remember seeing your reply. You helped so much with more than one thing. At the time I was really stressed and had really bad anxiety I got that cleared up with some doctor visits. Once I was in a better head space I was really able to get him in a good spot I just needed to sit down and calm down haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 11,825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran_songs View Post
    Yeah! I remember seeing your reply. You helped so much with more than one thing. At the time I was really stressed and had really bad anxiety I got that cleared up with some doctor visits. Once I was in a better head space I was really able to get him in a good spot I just needed to sit down and calm down haha.
    Funny how that works... It's no less delightful to have another positive update from you & your formerly-troubled snake.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456