Here's how to make your newer 1-probe Acurite Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer into a 3-probe with only two wires.

Materials:

Acurite 02067M
4-conductor 22AWG home security wire
Precision screwdriver set
Precision wire cutters
Wire strippers
Electronics soldering kit
Drill and 5/32 bit
Hot glue
#10 screw anchors

1. Remove battery cover. Remove 4 screws and set aside.

2. Remove back cover it should simply lift off. If not, use a precision flat head to pry off. Flip back cover over. Remove the three gray rubber buttons and set aside. Slide back cover down the probe wire about 12". Drill a 5/32" hole 2 slots above where the probe wire is.

3. CUT the thermometer off at the base. It is on the lower right with the black tip. Trim the wires to half the length.

4. Desolder the hygrometer (white rectangle) and lift it off.

5. Cut your home security wire to six feet. Feed one end through your 5/32" hole. Strip the jacket off. 2" on one end, 3" on the other. Cut the 3" red and black wires to 1". Strip ends of all wires to 1/8".

6. Lay your 3" and 1" wires out on the board and check for proper fit. Black and red for thermometer. Solder your wires up to the board. Make sure you route the wires as shown or you may block the buttons.

7. Solder your thermometer to the 2" end (red and black). Cut the green and white wires back so that the end of the hygrometer just reaches the base of the thermometer leads, but not touching (mine is actually too long, I should have set it back more).

8. Hot glue the thermometer leads so they dont touch. Hot glue the hygrometer to the red and black wires. Just a touch of glue please. Insert this assembly into the screw anchor. Hot glue wires to anchor.

9. Completely remove white foam stickie from original probe. Add hot glue to cover thermometer if needed. (for snake safety only).

10. Slide back cover down to front cover. Replace gray buttons. Flip cover over and seat, check button function, replace screws. Insert batteries, press reset. Wait 5 min and make sure probes read the same.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk