Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 956

4 members and 952 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

new guy here with questions

Ok so i have 2 snakes they are my first 2 my first is a normal female baby and i have about a 2 yr old male we think fire that i rescued. My questions are this im about to move and tbh i want more and im tired of dealing with aquariums so i was looking into building racks. so what i was thinking is this building a good sized rack for baby's/adolecense thinking 12qt tubs and then from there going to a 41 i realise 41 is bigger than i need for adult males but honestly it would save money and space on having to have 2 seperate racks and just going to one. I do eventually want to breed so i realize that what im wanting to build is big but i would rather grow in than outgrow very quickly. so questions are will this set up work. and number 2 why melamine over plywood. I have worked with melamine before and its kind of flimsy and im not a fan of chip board in general so was thinking painted plywood book shelf style completely enclosed on back and sides and open in front. was going to run ubh 4" on both any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Re: new guy here with questions

Congrats on your snakes. Personally, I would look for either a used rack or purchase a new one. Unless you’re good with wood working and have the time, then go that route. On the sizes, I would do maybe 16qt or 28qt. IMO, 41qt is overkill unless being used for breeding purposes. Keep us updated though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

re

i am proficient at woodworking and have help. and i would like to breed eventually was looking at 41 qt because its whats suggested for full grown females. was thinking yeah i could do half 28 half 41 but then im probably going to have to build a third rack and mess with a different size tote was thinking might be able to streamline if i only do 2 sizes and save some $$$/materials