Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,800

0 members and 2,800 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Underground Reptiles - Shipping Issues

So, I'm just gonna lay out the facts, thus far, no bashing.

I ordered some rats from them on 06/08, 3-day shipping. They didn't ship until 3 days later, on 06/11. Got an email notification they were delivered yesterday, 06/14.

1st problem: I paid $53 for 3-day shipping and didn't get a "delivery" notification until 7 days later.
    2nd problem: Looks like they were delivered to the wrong address as I never received them.

Today, I called UR and they advised their "shipping department" was closed and to call back on Monday.

Just wanted to get a thread started before the facts became fuzzy in my head. I'll keep you all posted after I hopefully get some answers on Monday.
    Carpe' Diem

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts
    What company delivered them? It may not be the fault of Underground...wait & get all the facts. I've had several things shipped to me with tracking, that
    like with yours, said they were "delivered"...but NOT to ME. It was NOT the company's fault that I bought from, they were correctly addressed...but it was
    the fault of FedEx, for failing to correctly read the delivery address & get them to me where they belonged. Annoying for sure...especially if you're out of rats.

All delivery companies, whether UPS, USPS or FedEx, push their employees for speed of deliveries, so it's easier for them to make mistakes...they're humans.
    If Underground is a good company, they'll put this right promptly & I hope they do.

Another possibility (?)- could they have been left at your door when you weren't home & then stolen? That's another "thing" that's happening in many areas-
    thieves follow the delivery trucks & help themselves after they pull away. People have caught such incidents on security cameras...and rats are probably not
    what thieves expected to get either.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-15-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (06-15-2019)

Thanks

Re: Underground Reptiles - Shipping Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    What company delivered them? It may not be the fault of Underground...wait & get all the facts. I've had several things shipped to me with tracking, that
    like with yours, said they were "delivered"...but NOT to ME. It was NOT the company's fault that I bought from, they were correctly addressed...but it was
    the fault of FedEx, for failing to correctly read the delivery address & get them to me where they belonged. Annoying for sure...especially if you're out of rats.

All delivery companies, whether UPS, USPS or FedEx, push their employees for speed of deliveries, so it's easier for them to make mistakes...they're humans.
    If Underground is a good company, they'll put this right promptly & I hope they do.

Another possibility (?)- could they have been left at your door when you weren't home & then stolen? That's another "thing" that's happening in many areas-
    thieves follow the delivery trucks & help themselves after they pull away. People have caught such incidents on security cameras...and rats are probably not
    what thieves expected to get either.
    It was FedEx. Not blaming anyone....yet. I just wanted to get some information put on the board before the details became too blurry.

I hope they will just ship another order. We shall see.

No possibility, as I have 14 security cameras that will immediately text me when they pick up motion. I've went through all the footage and found nothing. Will update when I get more.
    Carpe' Diem

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-15-2019)

Thanks
    BTW, when it happened to me, I talked w/ FedEx's after-hours customer service, hoping to catch them in time to go back & retrieve where they left it, but
    it was late afternoon, so it wasn't until the next day they picked it up & delivered correctly to me (in the one case)...fortunately it wasn't a shipment on ice.

The other time I complained to the shipper (Walmart) & they immediately just sent a replacement, & it was no fault of theirs...their customer service was
    actually impressive & apologetic. (I hope they took FedEx to 'the wood-shed'!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (06-15-2019)

Thanks
    Wow, 14 security cameras!? I guess they can't claim they left it at YOUR door, lol...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Wow, 14 security cameras!? I guess they can't claim they left it at YOUR door, lol...
    😂😂 Nope, not a chance. I got tired of folks helping themselves to my personal property. Installed some cameras and a 6x13 ft. electric security gate. Haven't had but one issue since when someone pulled up to help themselves to a package sitting on my doorstep, they looked up directly into the camera then just put the package down and sloooowly walked back to their car. lol
    Carpe' Diem

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    😂😂 Nope, not a chance. I got tired of folks helping themselves to my personal property. Installed some cameras and a 6x13 ft. electric security gate. Haven't had but one issue since when someone pulled up to help themselves to a package sitting on my doorstep, they looked up directly into the camera then just put the package down and sloooowly walked back to their car. lol
    You're making me so-o-o-o thankful for the neighborhood I live in...I've never had anything taken from my porch when I'm not home. Not yet, anyway.
    That's kinda funny...how they realized they were on camera & just backed off.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (06-16-2019)

Thanks

You're making me so-o-o-o thankful for the neighborhood I live in...I've never had anything taken from my porch when I'm not home. Not yet, anyway.
    That's kinda funny...how they realized they were on camera & just backed off.
    Yessss. And the crazy thing is the common criminal has learned the nicer neighborhoods have the better packages, typically. Before I installed the cameras I caught a guy trying to steal my side-by-side off-road "toy". He could've easily gotten $10k for it on the street. Our neighborhood typically watches out for each other but the occasional scum will slip through the cracks. Do you speak to your neighbors much?
    Carpe' Diem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Yessss. And the crazy thing is the common criminal has learned the nicer neighborhoods have the better packages, typically. Before I installed the cameras I caught a guy trying to steal my side-by-side off-road "toy". He could've easily gotten $10k for it on the street. Our neighborhood typically watches out for each other but the occasional scum will slip through the cracks. Do you speak to your neighbors much?
    I talk with some of my neighbors, others keep totally to themselves, so that's hit or miss. That is very true, that criminals tend to seek the pricier neighborhoods knowing
    that people with more money tend to buy "nicer" & generally more things. You never know though...I knew someone many years ago that lived in an older part of town
    that actually got burglarized by their next-door neighbors! How pathetic is that...? Your "neighbor" is in the best place to see what you're getting delivered, & to know
    the hours you aren't home.

Thanks

I talk with some of my neighbors, others keep totally to themselves, so that's hit or miss. That is very true, that criminals tend to seek the pricier neighborhoods knowing
    that people with more money tend to buy "nicer" & generally more things. You never know though...I knew someone many years ago that lived in an older part of town
    that actually got burglarized by their next-door neighbors! How pathetic is that...? Your "neighbor" is in the best place to see what you're getting delivered, & to know
    the hours you aren't home.
    Wowww! That's a friggin' shame. If you can't trust your next door neighbor then who the hell CAN you trust?! That really sucks. My neighbor would never have another peaceful day as long as he still lived there. I'm a very patient man with lots of spare time. lol
    Carpe' Diem

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-16-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast