Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,117

0 members and 3,117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Substrate Alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    I used to get it at cost direct from manufacturer though the company I work for which was SO nice!! When I bought these at cost, they were a whopping $22.
    but since I moved out of state, I get it at amazon. Various places sell it and pricing varies, so I don't always go with the same seller. Average price is between $52-65/rl (free prime shipping)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...02_s00?ie=UTF8
    that one is Ship now Supply. I've also bought Tape Logic, there are other vendors as well. You can get at places like Uline but you have to pay shipping and shipping is pricey.

There are different flutes (the size of the corrugated 'wave', I prefer A flute 1/4", B is a bit smaller but also cheaper).
    My adult boa cages are 4x2, hog isle cages are 3x2, this is 24" width so I cut the roll down into 4' and 3' lengths with scissors, the roll is 250' long and heavy

Hope that helps!
    Very nice!

I like the fact that it's corrugated and to size (24"). Just ordered a roll.

Thanks!
    Carpe' Diem

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Interesting.

Never thought about bout the nylon carpet as I figured it would be too much of a pain to completely remove every time. I do like the "go green" idea though.
    You wouldn't want to hand-wash carpets for a house-full of snakes, but if you only have a few, it's the most economical option. The stuff I mean is sold in large home-
    improvement stores, usually on 12' rolls by the foot, & have at least 2 carpets per cage (for a quick change) works best. The stuff comes in green, brown, tan, gray, &
    usually other a few other colors too, as well as some textures; it has no backing, cuts with scissors (about 1/4" thick at most) & can be "spot cleaned" in place. It's the
    most eco-friendly, which appeals to me too, & snakes LOVE the traction. Any leftover pieces can be used other ways too, like rolled into a soft tubular hide. Be sure to
    feed your snakes on a "plate" of some kind though...so their teeth don't catch on it. (it mostly takes "fangs" to catch on it, but I like to give the 'big picture' in case...)
    I've used it for various snakes over the years, & I especially loved using it when I had a large BCI...it worked the best for her.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-13-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (06-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    You wouldn't want to hand-wash carpets for a house-full of snakes, but if you only have a few, it's the most economical option. The stuff I mean is sold in large home-
    improvement stores, usually on 12' rolls by the foot, & have at least 2 carpets per cage (for a quick change) works best. The stuff comes in green, brown, tan, gray, &
    usually other a few other colors too, as well as some textures; it has no backing, cuts with scissors (about 1/4" thick at most) & can be "spot cleaned" in place. It's the
    most eco-friendly, which appeals to me too, & snakes LOVE the traction. Any leftover pieces can be used other ways too, like rolled into a soft tubular hide. Be sure to
    feed your snakes on a "plate" of some kind though...so their teeth don't catch on it. (it mostly takes "fangs" to catch on it, but I like to give the 'big picture' in case...)
    I've used it for various snakes over the years, & I especially loved using it when I had a large BCI...it worked the best for her.
    Yep, I may end up going that route as Zelda looks like she can do some serious "dookie damage". 💩😳
    Carpe' Diem

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-13-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12