Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 354

11 members and 343 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 64,697
Threads: 239,165
Posts: 2,484,760
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Pinstripe-Toby
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Sookie

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    By deep cleaning do you mean the enclosure itself or the insulation?

    I deep clean the enclosure, but generally just a quick wipedown of the insulation
    I meant like take everything out replace the substrate and clean everything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    8,215
    Thanks
    10,430
    Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,805 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    I meant like take everything out replace the substrate and clean everything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, yeah. I do a full enclosure deep clean every 3 months or so. Kinda on an "as needed" basis. My colubrids tend to get more frequent cleans cause the tend to be a bit more messy.
    ...life is beautiful...

    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Chloe, Johnny & June
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

    Parsons483 (06-12-2019)

  4. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Ok, yeah. I do a full enclosure deep clean every 3 months or so. Kinda on an "as needed" basis. My colubrids tend to get more frequent cleans cause the tend to be a bit more messy.
    Ok great thanks. I wasnít sure lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Parsons483 For This Useful Post:

    Craiga 01453 (06-12-2019)

  6. #24
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    8,215
    Thanks
    10,430
    Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,805 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    Ok great thanks. I wasnít sure lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pleasure
    ...life is beautiful...

    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Chloe, Johnny & June
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  7. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    My pleasure

    Would this one be good ?
    For monitoring the temp and humidity



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsons483; 06-14-2019 at 06:20 AM.

  8. #26
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    8,215
    Thanks
    10,430
    Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,805 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post

    Would this one be good ?
    For monitoring the temp and humidity



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know anything about that particular brand.

    I use Accurite brand in all my enclosures. I get them from Walmart for $10, but I'm guessing you can probably find them online in Canada, but that's a guess.

    That one you referenced would almost definitely be more reliable than analogs though. I just can't confirm with no knowledge of the brand
    ...life is beautiful...

    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Chloe, Johnny & June
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

    Parsons483 (06-14-2019)

  10. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I don't know anything about that particular brand.

    I use Accurite brand in all my enclosures. I get them from Walmart for $10, but I'm guessing you can probably find them online in Canada, but that's a guess.

    That one you referenced would almost definitely be more reliable than analogs though. I just can't confirm with no knowledge of the brand
    Ok lol. I have looked around at these or similar in some stores online and it seems to cost more thatís why I was going with this one. My local pet store is very overpriced on almost everything they have


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #28
    Registered User pretends2bnormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-07-2017
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 998 Times in 482 Posts
    Images: 7

    Re: Sookie

    I've got some similar to that (identical look, not 100% sure on brand... probably just rebranded ones from the same manufacturer) that I toss into rack tubs. They're reasonable in accuracy. Temps tend to be better than humidity, especially when set on the ground. Mine tend to read up to 99% at random when the substrate is pushed around where the reader is I assume and the small size makes that easy to do for most snakes.

    If you hot glued the edges of the face to glass just above the substrate it would probably have good results.

    I find them about as accurate as the ZooMed probe thermometer hygrometer combo things. Pretty good for most of it, but not enough to be the only measuring method for a hot spot. (If used with a temp gun, I think it is fine). Only slightly less accurate or consistent to each other out of the box than with the Acurite ones I have.

    My 4 like this are within 1 degree F of each other and within 4% humidity in the same location over months & temps accurate within .5 degrees of my temp gun. My accurites are a bit better on humidity, but one or two came out of the box 2 or 3 degrees off. Those allowed for adjusting, so it is easy to deal with. This kind doesn't as far as I'm aware.

    Definitely a vast improvement over the analog gauges.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pretends2bnormal; 06-14-2019 at 10:52 AM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

    Craiga 01453 (06-14-2019),Parsons483 (06-14-2019)

  13. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-12-2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Sookie

    Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    I've got some similar to that (identical look, not 100% sure on brand... probably just rebranded ones from the same manufacturer) that I toss into rack tubs. They're reasonable in accuracy. Temps tend to be better than humidity, especially when set on the ground. Mine tend to read up to 99% at random when the substrate is pushed around where the reader is I assume and the small size makes that easy to do for most snakes.

    If you hot glued the edges of the face to glass just above the substrate it would probably have good results.

    I find them about as accurate as the ZooMed probe thermometer hygrometer combo things. Pretty good for most of it, but not enough to be the only measuring method for a hot spot. (If used with a temp gun, I think it is fine). Only slightly less accurate or consistent to each other out of the box than with the Acurite ones I have.

    My 4 like this are within 1 degree F of each other and within 4% humidity in the same location over months & temps accurate within .5 degrees of my temp gun. My accurites are a bit better on humidity, but one or two came out of the box 2 or 3 degrees off. Those allowed for adjusting, so it is easy to deal with. This kind doesn't as far as I'm aware.

    Definitely a vast improvement over the analog gauges.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ok thank you. I ended ordering one. But not the same one there was a two pack from a more promising seller.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Parsons483 For This Useful Post:

    Craiga 01453 (06-14-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1