Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,074

0 members and 2,074 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Season '19 at Cyb-Psy Imperium

As a beginner last year was instructive, full of challenges and failures, from which I have learned a lot.
    If You wish to read it search for: "Season `18 at Cyb-Psy Imperium". /keyword: Imperium/
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...light=imperium

Sad the bumble bee sisters did not survive. Both of them passed away after 3 months with one day difference, without any sign of sickness.
    I changed the thermostat to a different one in the incubator. This seems to be more precise. Modified the level of the shelves. One fan got loose, heat glued it back again. Meanwhile also building a new 48 qty hatchling rack.

Breeding plan for year '19:
    Male x Female
    1. Butter het. Ghost x Butter
    2. Butter het Ghost x Fire
    3. Phantom Mojave x Butter
    4. Phantom Mojave x Normal
    5. Cinnamon x Enchi Lesser Pastel
    6. Spider het. Pied x Pastel Pied
    7. Banana x Pastel Champagne Pied

Comparing to last year I already have better results. 3 clutches laid so far (No. 1,4,6); 19 eggs and just only 1 slug. One got a tiny hole, I used a bandaid on it, seems to be fine. Being more cautius to exact incubation medium (perlit + vermikulit mixture) weight/water ratio; no molded eggs. This year I also try to hit a BEL and prove out the spider being a het pied.
    The first egg cutting for the No. 1 - Butter x butter, should be on 26th June, but i will do it before/after, because exactly that day I already got ticket for Slipknot event. No.4 is planned to cut 5th and no.6 on 16th July. Rest of them still waiting to lay the eggs. The other butter is positioning and just shed yesterday, champagne is building...Wieghted my granite it will be ready next year. On side got also new animals: My friend gave away her leopard geckos and for surprise got also two eggs with them!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybred For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (06-19-2019),cincy (06-17-2019),PghBall (06-17-2019)

Thanks

Re: Season '19 at Cyb-Psy Imperium

Good luck. Post lots of pictures please!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cincy For This Useful Post:

Cybred (06-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

nice pairings and i hope your season goes well! i hope the Spider proves out for you and u get Bumblebee Pieds.

also could u post pix of your Pastel Champagne Pied? that sounds like a beautiful snake.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    nice pairings and i hope your season goes well! i hope the Spider proves out for you and u get Bumblebee Pieds.

also could u post pix of your Pastel Champagne Pied? that sounds like a beautiful snake.
    She is shy today... Will catch her later. I bought her as pastel champagne het. Pied, but after deep inspection we came to conclusion that she carries pied markers. When i bought her did not notice and seller did not mentioned, she has two small issues: bug eye and short tail.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én H60-L04 eszközömről

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybred For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (06-19-2019),Bogertophis (07-08-2019)

Thanks
    ^ she has a gorgeous pattern. what "Pied markers" did u notice? she might just be high ringer.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    ^ she has a gorgeous pattern. what "Pied markers" did u notice? she might just be high ringer.
    yes, she has ringer as common mark of hets, however within yellow spot there is a darker colored small spot, that we think is pied marker.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybred View Post
    yes, she has ringer as common mark of hets, however within yellow spot there is a darker colored small spot, that we think is pied marker.
    hmm interesting description of Pied markers. i wish u had a visual 1.0 Pied to pair her with to prove it out faster. but maybe u will get ringer Banana's and Pastel's.

i love seeing and reading threads from other parts of the world where the BP market is still behind and folks are still proving out genetics and making combo's w/ their small collection. so i really appreciate your thread and our threads from our friends in South Africa, Asia, etc.

Edit: BTW she doesn't have bug eyes. it looks like she has the opposite of that - small eyes or a condition known as microphthalmia. (unless one is big and buggy and the other is small that is. i can only see the right side eye.)
    Last edited by Ax01; 06-20-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Cybred (06-20-2019)

Thanks

From genetics, inheritation point of view does it have any bigger meaning, influence if the snake has a different colored spot in one of his eyes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybred View Post
    From genetics, inheritation point of view does it have any bigger meaning, influence if the snake has a different colored spot in one of his eyes?
    i don't quite understand what u are trying to say...

are u asking if big eyes/small eyes can be inherited genetically from the parent? big bug eyes are common in Super Lesser/Butter's and small eyes are common in Lesser/Butter Pieds. i haven't heard of anything else proven genetic w/ eyes and other cases seem random.

or are u saying that your snake has different colored eyes? this would be paradoxing/chimerism i think and would be completely random.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Cybred (06-28-2019)

Thanks

Update on 1st clutch

Hello Everyone!

Do not expect egg cutting videos and pictures for a while. My mobile did not survive VOLT festival. It was a great night in Sopron, very hot and got shooted with a fire truck water hose.

Update on 1st clutch:
    We are at day 58 now. I did not want to wait any longer with cutting. Thought the one egg with window looked like bumblebee and turned out to be a normal only. Results: 4 pastels and 2 normals, all het pieds. Well, this year did not hit any pied again. I start to consider my spider is actually not het for pied in reality. But I've got another pastel het. pied male as backup for next year ready for breeding.
    Stay tuned for the 2nd clutch in 2 weeks! Of course when my mobile got repaired will update You on all of the happenings here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast