Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

0 members and 2,815 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garter Snake

Thanks
    We found a garter in our home 2 winters ago. We caught him around February - so spring was just around the corner. I knew nothing about snakes at that time, other than they fascinated me. Found a large, very high box that we put him in until we could release him. I bought a pinky - he wanted nothing to do with it. Did some research, and found out garters eat minnows, frogs, and night crawlers. Bought some minnows, and put them in a small tank in the enclosure. The garter actually went into the tank with the fish (had a separate water dish), but never ate the minnows. I went and bought a dozen earthworms (aka night crawlers) and the garter loved those! Gobbled them up pretty quickly. Feeding just worms is not a balanced diet for a garter apparently, but since he was just a guest for a couple of months, I was just glad he was eating something! He was released that same spring, and I swear I see him outside on our back patio, in our back garden. Might not be him, but... (we have lots of snakes on our property).
    Try some earthworms. Worked for us. Hope this helps! Good luck with the little guy.

Thanks

Rip :(

I'm sorry, I answered with my last post without realizing there was a whole 2nd page of responses. So I didn't see that he had passed. I'm so sorry to hear that. R.I.P. Dennis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123