Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

2 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Has anybody watched "Guardians of the Glades"?

I'm watching the first episode now...

This show follows Dusty "Wildman" Crum and his crew hunt invasive Burms in the FL Everglades.

It's very similar to Swamp People, but hunting Burms instead of Crocs.

My mind isn't made up yet, but has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    I haven’t heard of it. Which network is it on? I’d give it a trial run.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Banned
    Thanks
    It's on Discovery Channel. Tuesday nights if I remember correctly. I watched it on demand.

I definitely liked it enough to watch again. There was one part that was kinda tough to watch, but nothing too bad for us snake lovers I don't think.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Thanks!
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts
    I understand they need to be cleared out because they are invasive, but ugh, they don't need to glorify it. next thing people will be trying to hunt their own snakes including native species. (I haven't seen it).
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-01-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Has anybody watched "Guardians of the Glades"?

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I'm watching the first episode now...

This show follows Dusty "Wildman" Crum and his crew hunt invasive Burms in the FL Everglades.

It's very similar to Swamp People, but hunting Burms instead of Crocs.

My mind isn't made up yet, but has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?
    My wife and I have been watching it. What I'd really like to hear is about the what people thought of the last episode of swamp people where Troy and Willie go hunting. Troy tickle's me and my wife. Neither one knows much about snakes. They caught one and Troy said " this one acts like somebody's pet...." Anyway Dusty was on Swamp People and worked with Troy's son. And there last episode was a prelude to Guardians...

The show Guardian's is a nightmare to most of the snake lovers on here. They are all killed almost on the spot and the government pays by the foot. They are skinned on the show and it shows it and the meat is cut up. These snakes where suppose to have come out of a sanctuary during a flood and as the show tries to show are reproducing so fast they are killing most of the native population of other species and animals. If you LOVE snakes this show will offend you greatly. If you believe these snakes should be re-located instead of killed it will make you upset. They caught a ball python in a store and it didn't show whether they killed it or not but I suspect they could have. These people are not snake lovers by any means. And they are making a lot of money not including what they make for the show itself.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonsrock2 For This Useful Post:

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    These snakes where suppose to have come out of a sanctuary during a flood
    The majority, or at least original majority, of the burmese in the everglades were from when Hurricane Andrew hit and destroyed some import and breeder warehouses, just fyi.
    For the Horde!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (06-01-2019),Craiga 01453 (06-01-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    My wife and I have been watching it. What I'd really like to hear is about the what people thought of the last episode of swamp people where Troy and Willie go hunting. Troy tickle's me and my wife. Neither one knows much about snakes. They caught one and Troy said " this one acts like somebody's pet...." Anyway Dusty was on Swamp People and worked with Troy's son. And there last episode was a prelude to Guardians...

The show Guardian's is a nightmare to most of the snake lovers on here. They are all killed almost on the spot and the government pays by the foot. They are skinned on the show and it shows it and the meat is cut up. These snakes where suppose to have come out of a sanctuary during a flood and as the show tries to show are reproducing so fast they are killing most of the native population of other species and animals. If you LOVE snakes this show will offend you greatly. If you believe these snakes should be re-located instead of killed it will make you upset. They caught a ball python in a store and it didn't show whether they killed it or not but I suspect they could have. These people are not snake lovers by any means. And they are making a lot of money not including what they make for the show itself.
    I'm a snake lover and I enjoyed the show. I'll definitely be giving it another watch.
    I will definitely say watching them skin and butcher the snake was tough. I think maybe because I have worked with food so long I'm a bit desensitized. I break down animals almost every day at work, so it doesn't bother me much.
    Assuming what they say is true, the entire animal is being used though. The skins, skull, meat and even the intestines are being used. So at least that's a positive.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I'm a snake lover and I enjoyed the show. I'll definitely be giving it another watch.
    I will definitely say watching them skin and butcher the snake was tough. I think maybe because I have worked with food so long I'm a bit desensitized. I break down animals almost every day at work, so it doesn't bother me much.
    Assuming what they say is true, the entire animal is being used though. The skins, skull, meat and even the intestines are being used. So at least that's a positive.
    I don't mind it either. I've always been a desensitized guy too. I use to work in a slaughter house. But I just can kind of guess some on here will be turned off to it. I guess if you like swamp people you won't mind this show either. And I agree they are using every part of the animal and something does have to be done for the situation now or never. Might already be too late to stop it, but they are trying. But some people (not me) i'm sure would rather see them relocated but what would you do with them, and at what kind of money cost to the state. And there's not many people who want a snake that can eat you or someone in your family. These snakes kill alligators. So in my opinion best case solution.

And do they really lay hundreds of eggs like the show implies?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonsrock2 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    So I watched episode 2. I actually enjoy the show.
    I just think that dude is asking for trouble bringing his little dog with him. That little pup would be a nice snack for a decent sized Burm.

...and do they say "son" a lot of is it me, son?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast