Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,999

1 members and 2,998 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: I might be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Ballday View Post
    So one did come out of the egg today without it’s umbilical chord attached still has a little bit left on him though. weighing 18 grams, im assuming I shouldn’t let him shed out before I start feeding/assist feeding he does appear weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No! Don’t force feed it. You shouldn’t even be breeding animals with this kind of ignorance, it’s a great responsibility and you should have done your research before ever starting on this project, it sounds like they will probably all die, but with internet search engines, you should be able to read hundreds of pages about breeding balls pythons properly.

It is probably too late for them, but you could at lest do some research now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    No! Don’t force feed it. You shouldn’t even be breeding animals with this kind of ignorance, it’s a great responsibility and you should have done your research before ever starting on this project, it sounds like they will probably all die, but with internet search engines, you should be able to read hundreds of pages about breeding balls pythons properly.

It is probably too late for them, but you could at lest do some research now!
    If you read from the beginning I did not breed this snake, I bought it and the seller did not think that it was gravid but 2 weeks after owning her she laid eggs.

I came here to ask for help throughout this process if you don’t have any information that can help me then don’t waste my time.

I knew from day 1 that these eggs didn’t have much of a chance since I was not expecting it, my local reptile shop told me to leave them in the tub with the female. Maybe I should of. I do regret cutting the eggs at day 53 but even if I waited and risked losing more eggs, at day 53 and only weighing 18 grams I don’t thing another 5 days would of made a huge difference.

I never said force feed I said assist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ballday For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (07-13-2019)

Thanks

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...gram-hatchling

And here is an older thread I was reading with smaller hatchlings where just about everyone had to assist feed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345