Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,851

1 members and 2,850 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Snake Rack that can handle lower room temps?

Hi!
    Curious if all you people that breed dedicate a full room to keeping 80 degrees in at all times? It would cost a lot to do where I live as night temps go down to 50 even in the summer time here. The room temp I can keep at a constant is around 70 degrees in the room I keep snakes. I currently keep my snake in a tank, and his ambient temp inside his enclosure is stabilized at noun 79-80 degrees through a CHE on thermostat.

HOWEVER in the next few years I'd love to get into some breeding potentially and would like to invest in a rack system.

Most rack systems seems as they only have one side with heat tape in their tubs. However I found one place that offered a rack system with two, however this company never wrote me back when I sent an inquiry about it.

Any one has any other recommendations for snake racks that can handle a room temperature of 70 degrees and still be able to keep a ambient temp of 80 inside enclosure? (Seems like double sided heat tapes would be the only way to do that)

Would love to hear your responses and ideas!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    With a room temp of 70*F you will definitely need two strips of heat tape, one at 90*F, the other around 82*F.

Another trick to keeping heat in the rack is to hang a small towel or baby blanket down the front.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Snake Rack that can handle lower room temps?

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Another trick to keeping heat in the rack is to hang a small towel or baby blanket down the front.
    I did this with an open-sided rack I built for winter time using just some fleece I bought at Joann's. Even only doing 2 sides, one long and one short, it was plenty to get up to 78 in a 72 degree room. Covering the front of an enclosed rack would definitely give it a boost too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk