Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,498

4 members and 1,494 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,531
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts

Re: How does your snake tell you they are hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    These days, it's usually by text. Snakes today, am I right?

Thanks
    Both my snakes' cages are currently facing my bed and for most of the time I've had them, I've fed on Sundays at noon. So I'll wake up on the weekend and see at least the BP (who's always been a fantastic eater, surprisingly) poking out of her hide and staring at me like she's waiting for me to get out of bed and prepare her food.

I usually feed the corn snake first too, who doesn't usually do anything to say she's hungry until I'm putting a mouse in there and then she'll nearly propel herself out of the cage. The BP sees this and gets excited, comes all the way out of her hide and rears up to get ready for her turn.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Werewolves For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-20-2019),FollowTheSun (05-20-2019),Reinz (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    Yes, that reminds me...when I walk thru my house & serve up "dinner", I have the full attention of all my saying (with body language) "Oh Miss,
    over here! I'll have what he's having..."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (05-20-2019),Reinz (05-20-2019)

Thanks

Mine will stick his head and neck out of his hide in the evening. He seems pretty in sync with his feeding schedule because every week 1-2 days before he gets fed he has his head out waiting for food.

He will also lift up his head and look straight at me to give me his snake puppy eyes (or maybe that's his intense hunter stare searching for prey lol). Every time I walk by he looks at me like "hello, do you have a rat for me? "

Also, unrelated but I love all the cool enclosure furniture I'm seeing in these photos! All of you who are building stuff for your snakes to climb on are awesome!
    Last edited by Luvyna; 05-20-2019 at 06:59 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-20-2019),FollowTheSun (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    When Crowley is hungry and I bring over his feeding tub, the whole snake will quickly come out of his cave and coil up ready to strike right at the window as if saying just feed me in here. He used to get excited when he saw newspaper, as I put it in the bottom of his feeding tub but now that I have a macaw that uses tons of newspaper for pooping on, he no longer associates it with eating. The tub gets him in full feed mode, sometimes he looks at my hand like a potential meal as i pick him up to put him in the tub. He has never bit me though as I always wash my hands before and after feeding him and Crowley is a good smart snake that only attacks something that smells like rat.

I remember one time, it was feeding day and my husband made steak during the day. Crowley stuck his head out of his cave looking all pissed off like he wanted some, or at least something to eat. He ate like a champ that night. He also sometimes sticks his nose out when he smells bacon cooking, it's so cute. Here is a picture of him enjoying the smell of bacon (yes he had a towel as bedding but it was very temporary).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (05-21-2019),ROSIEonFIRE (05-21-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    When Crowley is hungry and I bring over his feeding tub, the whole snake will quickly come out of his cave and coil up ready to strike right at the window as if saying just feed me in here. He used to get excited when he saw newspaper, as I put it in the bottom of his feeding tub but now that I have a macaw that uses tons of newspaper for pooping on, he no longer associates it with eating. The tub gets him in full feed mode, sometimes he looks at my hand like a potential meal as i pick him up to put him in the tub. He has never bit me though as I always wash my hands before and after feeding him and Crowley is a good smart snake that only attacks something that smells like rat.

I remember one time, it was feeding day and my husband made steak during the day. Crowley stuck his head out of his cave looking all pissed off like he wanted some, or at least something to eat. He ate like a champ that night. He also sometimes sticks his nose out when he smells bacon cooking, it's so cute. Here is a picture of him enjoying the smell of bacon (yes he had a towel as bedding but it was very temporary).

OMG that is so funny about smelling bacon!
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Valyndris (05-21-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12