Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,953

1 members and 2,952 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Feeding Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Yea, I don’t know how I could feed so many different ball python thawed rats without a hairdryer! It works quickly, get the rat hot and feed in the dark.
    Not that there is anything wrong with doing it that way but if you ever get tired of blow drying too many rats, what I found to be best for me is a little different but a lot faster. I typically feed about 30 at a time. I put them all in a big tub of room temperature water to defrost for a couple hours. Once defrosted I just change out the water with fairly hot (not cooking hot) water and let them sit for about 15 minutes. Then check to make sure they are warm throughout, if needed add more hot water. Once warm throughout I take the whole tub to my racks and take a big towel and just dry each one and feed one at a time. I go through all of them in about ten minutes. The water keeps them warm so it's just a matter of a quick rub with the towel to get the excess water off. None of mine mind if the rat is a little wet and it's good for extra hydration. You can fly through feeding. I like the blow dryer idea if you only have a few but I would think it would take hours once you start to have a large collection. Anyway, thought I'd share in case you wanted to try speeding things up in the future

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-20-2019),Quarks (05-22-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12