Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 64,356
Threads: 238,653
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Emeraldsserpent
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Finally got my first clutch this year

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    That is the major problem with breeding “possible hets”, it’s a total crapshoot/ long odds lottery and the math is not in your favor. It’s best to just breed 100% hets, or breed a “possible het” because you want the co-dominant genes anyway regardless of wether the recessive gene is present. That way if both parents are hets, it’s a surprise bonus, even if highly unlikely.

Or if you are really intent on testing there genes, you have to breed a possible het to a visual recessive to see what happens, but I personally would not waste the energy when I can just get a 100% het or visual to start with.
    I agree with you, all my breeding plans are visual x 100% het or in the near future visual x visual. I also only purchase visual or 100%. This breeding was just because I had the super cinny with no plans other than to possibly sell but she was ready and I love ghi cinny so I figured why not put my ghi het DG boy to her. I won't mind having a ghi cinny extra female to put one of my visual DG boys to in the future, I didn't purchase these snakes with plans of breeding this pairing, just so happens I had the super cinny from previous plans. Now that I've changed plans to really only focus on DG, I don't mind getting a combo I love from animals I already had even if it is only 50% DG. I have plenty of visuals and 100% hets to work with, so I won't mind if the hold back from this clutch doesn't prove out because I certainly didn't put all my eggs in this basket lol. This will pretty much be just a fun little side project, you can never have too many of those right haha.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (05-18-2019),Sonny1318 (05-18-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12