Hello all. I have an Incuview https://incubatorwarehouse.com/incuv...incubator.html and I'm wondering if it would work for ball python eggs? Obviously, with the turner removed.
Could I just fill up the bottom with substrate and put the eggs in? Every tutorial always assumes you have a giant incubator and so says to put the eggs into little tubs. What if I just treat the whole thing like it's one 'tub'?
On one website, they said not to use an incubator with a fan because it would dry the eggs too much (this incubator has a fan), but I can't find any other mention of 'no fans' anywhere else... not to mention the fan is the only reason there aren't hotspots/coldspots. I used a Styrofoam Hovabator incubator with no fan a few times for chicken eggs, and the temp spikes were intense and out of control... like going from the desired 99 degrees to spikes of 105 multiple times a day, dropping down to low 90s before the heater would kick on... Needless to say, my hatchrates were abysmal in that thing.

I've used the Incuview previously for duck and chickens eggs, so I know it holds temps steady very well. I can set the temps to literally any setting to 1/10 of a degree, and it even has a hatchday countdown which I really like (also can be set to literally any number). So setting it at 89.5 degrees and 60 days is possible.