Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 332

17 members and 315 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 64,923
Threads: 239,498
Posts: 2,488,463
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, xxytxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Missing

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2018
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Missing

    So My 1yr old corn escaped at some point last night.. The Viv lock wasn't fully accross so 1 of the doors had a gap at the end which she got through Any tips for finding her quickly as we have a cat and 3 dogs and I just really wanna find her obviously.

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered User fadingdaylight's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2019
    Location
    Western Arkansas
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 291 Times in 195 Posts
    Images: 31
    Start with looking near the tank, small warm spaces, then slowly expand your radius, be thorough and be vigilant. I hope you find her quick.
    - Jason


    "Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

    Sophieg (05-14-2019)

  4. #3
    Registered User Valyndris's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-07-2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 481 Times in 271 Posts
    Images: 12
    If you've already checked everywhere you think a snake could go and haven't found her yet then maybe baiting will work. I've heard of using a rat (or whatever your snake eats) to lure it out to come eat. If you can't stay and watch the whole time you can put the rat in something like a minnow trap (assuming the snake fits in the hole, seeing as she's a corn snake she probably would). Put the trap near her enclosure and against a wall as snakes usually follow the walls while they explore. Hopefully the smell of her prey will entice her to come out and eat or at least come out of hiding to be put back in her enclosure. Good luck on finding your cute little girl, I'd die if my snake got out so I can imagine the panic and fear you must be feeling.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

    Sophieg (05-14-2019)

  6. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2018
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    If you've already checked everywhere you think a snake could go and haven't found her yet then maybe baiting will work. I've heard of using a rat (or whatever your snake eats) to lure it out to come eat. If you can't stay and watch the whole time you can put the rat in something like a minnow trap (assuming the snake fits in the hole, seeing as she's a corn snake she probably would). Put the trap near her enclosure and against a wall as snakes usually follow the walls while they explore. Hopefully the smell of her prey will entice her to come out and eat or at least come out of hiding to be put back in her enclosure. Good luck on finding your cute little girl, I'd die if my snake got out so I can imagine the panic and fear you must be feeling.

    Okay thank u! I'll definitely try that!

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-18-2018
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 364 Times in 179 Posts
    I had snakes escaped about 4 times (All my fault, I underestimated how quickly they can get out from anything). I found them all within the same day by checking around the enclosure they were in, then spread out little by little. If you have stuff laying around, gently remove them piece by piece from top to bottom. They like to hide so clutter attracts them. They also like somewhere warm. For an active colubrid like yours, I would check every room in your home. Not too fast and throwing heavy items on the floor to spook it to run from you (Which you may or may not see) and go into hiding again.

    I would keep your cat away from the area you are looking. If your cat is anything like my 3 troublemakers, he or she will find it with its claws before you will.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

    Sophieg (05-14-2019)

  9. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2018
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Missing

    Hey thanks for all ur advice! After a whole day of searching, I finally found her in the room next to where her Viv is (My brothers bedroom) under the TV unit!

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sophieg For This Useful Post:

    EL-Ziggy (05-14-2019),FollowTheSun (05-14-2019),Valyndris (05-14-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,252
    Thanks
    11,409
    Thanked 6,406 Times in 4,082 Posts
    Glad you found her & she's OK (I assume?). You got lucky, finding her so fast & without injury...prevention is way better than playing "hide & seek" with
    snakes, they're way too good at it!
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-14-2019 at 11:20 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Sophieg (05-14-2019)

  13. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2018
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Glad you found her & she's OK (I assume?). You got lucky, finding her so fast & without injury...prevention is way better than playing "hide & seek" with
    snakes, they're way too good at it!
    Haha yes exactly! Yea she's okay!

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophieg For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (05-14-2019)

  15. #9
    Registered User Valyndris's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-07-2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    695
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 481 Times in 271 Posts
    Images: 12

    Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophieg View Post
    Hey thanks for all ur advice! After a whole day of searching, I finally found her in the room next to where her Viv is (My brothers bedroom) under the TV unit!

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
    So glad you found her before your furry pets did. That must be such a relief finding her.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

    Sophieg (05-14-2019)

  17. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-30-2018
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    So glad you found her before your furry pets did. That must be such a relief finding her.
    Yes definitely!

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophieg For This Useful Post:

    Valyndris (05-14-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1