Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,690

0 members and 1,690 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Vaping/Juul and "quitting smoking"

All we can share is our experience

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fadingdaylight View Post
    Typically, e-juice is comprised of 3 parts PG, VG, and flavoring. Propylene Glycol (commonly mistaken for ethylene glycol, which is a component of anti-freeze) is a humectant, commonly found in almost everything. From packaged foods to cigarette tobacco, PG is used to keep things from drying out, and is considered pretty much harmless by the FDA. Vegetable Glycerin is another common item in many foods. The flavoring is where most people get into trouble.

Normally, if a vape is too "dry" or "throaty", it is a result of a high PG ratio in the mix. Using those pre-filled pod type vapes typically means 50/50 PG/VG. This tends to induce coughing in a lot of people. Switching to a refillable type system and a juice that is more like 30% PG and 70% VG should fix this for her. There are also juices available that are 100% VG, but bear in mind that the PG is what Carrie's flavor, so full VG juices tend to have a weird, oily taste.

Different flavors can made a million ways, and some are produced with alcohol, which can become harsh. Artificial sweeteners can have the same issue, but natural sweeteners tend to gum up atomizer coils quickly.
    Wow, someone knows there stuff about vaping. Thanks a bunch. Lots to think about. Been researching some of what you said especially about the 100% VG and the x-tra VG (30/70) She has tried and failed a couple of times and hated it because of the making her cough and not satisfying her. But her lungs are getting so bad even smoking is making her cough now. So I am trying to get it right and find something she will take to and like. I wish she could go somewhere that they let her try a disposable vape, but don't figure they have such a store. I feel like it might be a lost cause after these past fails. A person really has to want to quit or switch themselves for it to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    Wow, someone knows there stuff about vaping. Thanks a bunch. Lots to think about. Been researching some of what you said especially about the 100% VG and the x-tra VG (30/70) She has tried and failed a couple of times and hated it because of the making her cough and not satisfying her. But her lungs are getting so bad even smoking is making her cough now. So I am trying to get it right and find something she will take to and like. I wish she could go somewhere that they let her try a disposable vape, but don't figure they have such a store. I feel like it might be a lost cause after these past fails. A person really has to want to quit or switch themselves for it to work.
    That is true, I have been using both, either back and forth, or sometimes at the same time, for a while now. Avsha pointed out something earlier that is really relevant here, using both is harder on the the throat and lungs than anything. So during the initial change from smoking to vaping everyone coughs like crazy for a while. I still cough in the mornings when I take my first few puffs, and I haven't had a cigarette in 20 days. After about a week, the cough will start to subside and she will likely find herself breathing better. I know I smoked so long I developed a bit of wheeze, which has already cleared up. Better breathing also leads to better sleeping, which means feeling a little better in the mornings. I used to wake up dizzy, blurry vision, the whole nine yards.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-16-2019),ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Thanks
    i didn't cough at all while transitioning. weird. i went from a clove cigar/american spirit habit of maybe 5 a day to the Juul no problem. guess i am lucky.

i hope she is able to make the switch. i personally love smoking but my husband HATES it and it always interferes with our relationship. i really didn't care for the smell or cost either i suppose.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    i didn't cough at all while transitioning. weird. i went from a clove cigar/american spirit habit of maybe 5 a day to the Juul no problem. guess i am lucky.

i hope she is able to make the switch. i personally love smoking but my husband HATES it and it always interferes with our relationship. i really didn't care for the smell or cost either i suppose.

How does he feel about the vaping? I also hate smoking, the smell, the cost, and what it does to a person's health and sometimes the health of those around you.

I hope she switches too and eventually maybe even taper's down then quit . But even if she doesn't quit all together vaping has to be better than smoking. Glad you found something you like. Have you checked out the fuma website? They are a pretty good company I believe and have video's on youtube that show how to use their products.

Do you have a further goal after the Juul or do you just plan on sticking to vaping and the juul? Are you going to try and taper down and eventually quit with the nicotine part of it anyway? I don't think the juul offers step down nicotine amounts but I might be wrong about that.

Thanks

How does he feel about the vaping? I also hate smoking, the smell, the cost, and what it does to a person's health and sometimes the health of those around you.

I hope she switches too and eventually maybe even taper's down then quit . But even if she doesn't quit all together vaping has to be better than smoking. Glad you found something you like. Have you checked out the fuma website? They are a pretty good company I believe and have video's on youtube that show how to use their products.

Do you have a further goal after the Juul or do you just plan on sticking to vaping and the juul? Are you going to try and taper down and eventually quit with the nicotine part of it anyway? I don't think the juul offers step down nicotine amounts but I might be wrong about that.
    he hasn't complained and has only told me he smelled it once, like cotton candy. i also don't have to brush my teeth and wash my hands 10x a day which is awesome. he is super sensitive to the sell of cigarette/cigar smoke. the cloves were a little more tolerable than regular cigarettes but still a pain in his ass.

so far i have no plans to quit. i enjoy it. i have a lot of health issues (NOT related to smoking) including some serious anxiety so i think i will stick with the vaping. i haven't checked out any other options except i went into a vape store to get Juul pods and they showed me these little tiny "things", i thought all vaping rigs were huge and ugly. Juul does make 3mg pods so you can step down to that from i believe the 5mg pods.
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Thanks

To be fair, I was tearing through an average of 30 cigarettes a day, sometimes near double that, back when I was still in the Army. Breathing hurts my lungs most days, and the vapor seems to break up the crud in down there, causing me to hack it up.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

Thanks

I don't think the juul offers step down nicotine amounts but I might be wrong about that.
    Juul actually has somewhat recently starting offering 3% nic pods in addition to the normal 5%. But I have found them to be lacking in the throat hit department

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Thanks

h Juul does make 3mg pods so you can step down to that from i believe the 5mg pods.
    Missed that when I wrote my earlier post. To be clear, juul uses their own blend of salt nic, which is 50mg and 30mg (5% and 3%), which is very different from 3mg juice (.3%)

Last edited by Avsha531; 05-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (05-16-2019),SilentHill (05-16-2019)

Thanks

ok. that makes sense. see? i am a total newb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast