Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,142

3 members and 3,139 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To the previous two.

Yes. Overall vaping is better than smoking. But some flavors for some brands contain a slew of toxic chemicals including diacetyl which is known to cause serious respiratory diseases. I am not going to google the rest for you. You can do that on your own.

I am not against vaping. I just want people to not vape blindly.
    Last edited by MasonC2K; 05-13-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    - Mason

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Vaping/Juul and "quitting smoking"

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    To the previous two.

Yes. Overall vaping is better than smoking. But some flavors for some brands contain a slew of toxic chemicals including diacetyl which is known to cause serious respiratory diseases. I am not going to google the rest for you. You can do that on your own.

I am not against vaping. I just want people to not vape blindly.
    Yes it causes popcorn lung. Fortunately where I buy my juices do not use the bad flavoring. The only use flavoring that doesn't cause damage. Vaping is like everything else. Don't do it blindly and make sure your juice provider knows whats bad and what isn't

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    I love vaping. I smoked cigars like crazy while I build race engines. I’d always have one in my mouth. My daughter couldn’t stand how I smelled when I came home so I started vaping and love it. Been vaping on and off for years now. I slowly went down to zero nic. So I just do it for the flavor now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (05-15-2019),SilentHill (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    I have been back and forth with vaping and smoking for about 10 years now. Initially, I quit for about 3 months. Something happened, I went back to cigarettes. Last year, I quit for nearly 6 months, then went back. Right now I am at just over 2 weeks since my last cigarette.

I have tried every kind of vaping imaginable, and honestly, I like almost all of them, with the exception of salt nic, too harsh for me. Right now, I'm using 9mg in a Lost Vape Orion as my all day, treating it identical to a cigarette. Make myself go outside and everything. But when im bumming around the house watching TV, that's when the dripper comes out. 3mg, running dual braided coils, build comes out at 0.14 ohms, nice and warm, smooth as velvet, the feeling of those thick clouds is much more satisfying, but it looks absurd to take pulls like that in public, hence the small device for carrying.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    I have to be honest here - it takes a lot to turn my stomach, but cigarette smoke cuts right to the quick. It is so foul smelling that it is difficult for me to keep my cool when it's around. Both my parents smoked during my entire childhood and I wanted to kick them in the face every time they lit up. I'm not speaking in hyperbole either. I'm a child of the '70s and '80s so it just seemed omnipresent and I'm very intolerant of it to this day. Whenever I see a cigarette in someones mouth I think it looks so ridiculously stupid. I just don't get the entire appeal.
    Same here, my parents were "human chimneys"...I've never smoked (or vaped) anything in my life, I've never wanted to, & I can guarantee I never will.
    What a huge waste of health & money.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Skeptiball (05-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fadingdaylight View Post
    I have been back and forth with vaping and smoking for about 10 years now. Initially, I quit for about 3 months. Something happened, I went back to cigarettes. Last year, I quit for nearly 6 months, then went back. Right now I am at just over 2 weeks since my last cigarette.

I have tried every kind of vaping imaginable, and honestly, I like almost all of them, with the exception of salt nic, too harsh for me. Right now, I'm using 9mg in a Lost Vape Orion as my all day, treating it identical to a cigarette. Make myself go outside and everything. But when im bumming around the house watching TV, that's when the dripper comes out. 3mg, running dual braided coils, build comes out at 0.14 ohms, nice and warm, smooth as velvet, the feeling of those thick clouds is much more satisfying, but it looks absurd to take pulls like that in public, hence the small device for carrying.
    I'm with you. I have an Orion for use when I need smaller clouds, and the Juul for when I need no clouds.

On my desk right now have my deathwish plague doctor mech with .12 fraliens and my custom DNA from mad modder with a .10 staged alien/fused clafton.

And look, I just made this a vape snob conversation lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (05-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Same here, my parents were "human chimneys"...I've never smoked (or vaped) anything in my life, I've never wanted to, & I can guarantee I never will.
    What a huge waste of health & money.
    I remember both my parents smoking in the car with me and my younger brother trapped in the back seat. My dad would "crack" the window for us, but that never helped. Essentially they hot-boxed me and my brother for well over a decade. No amount of begging or reasoning would make them stop.

Just writing that made me remember a time I was called into the office in seventh grade. My mom dropped me off at school and smoked during the entire drive there. When I got to school, the cigarette smoke smell was so heavy on me that the crossing guard reported me to the principle. She thought I was smoking before school. The principle explained the dangers of smoking to me and I had to explain to him I smelled like that because of my mother. I had a take home a note for my mom to sign and not even that got her to quit.

Geez, I didn't realize this thread would be such a trigger!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeptiball For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    I remember both my parents smoking in the car with me and my younger brother trapped in the back seat. My dad would "crack" the window for us, but that never helped. Essentially they hot-boxed me and my brother for well over a decade. No amount of begging or reasoning would make them stop.

Just writing that made me remember a time I was called into the office in seventh grade. My mom dropped me off at school and smoked during the entire drive there. When I got to school, the cigarette smoke smell was so heavy on me that the crossing guard reported me to the principle. She thought I was smoking before school. The principle explained the dangers of smoking to me and I had to explain to him I smelled like that because of my mother. I had a take home a note for my mom to sign and not even that got her to quit.

Geez, I didn't realize this thread would be such a trigger!
    Exactly what I remember too...getting dragged along to stores in a state with real winter weather (so the car windows were up) & being forced to inhale that stupid
    cigarette smoke. None of us kids grew up to be smokers... (And if you've never seen someone dying of lung cancer, it's not pretty.) My mom used to smoke while
    getting dressed for work in the bathroom (putting on make-up) & she got mad at me when I finally pointed out that those ugly little amber drip-globs on the ceiling were
    the tar from her cigarettes that mixed with condensation...talk about "not handling the truth", lol.
    Just like you, when I was a teenager, I can recall my dentist accusing me of smoking...the smell was of course all over my clothes & long hair from at home...
    Tobacco companies really did a number on this country, hiding what they knew was deliberately addicting people & making them sick, anything for their profits.

My mom finally quit many years later...she used acupuncture & it worked for her. My dad only quit after giving himself years of COPD misery & fatal heart disease.

Every time I fill out my medical history for a new doctor, my answer to the smoking question is "you couldn't PAY me to smoke!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Skeptiball (05-15-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I've been vaping for about 4 years now. For me, it got me off dip. I was dipping a tin - tin and a half a day and decided it was time to quit.
    Vaping made quitting dip easy.

I just recently bought my second setup (I had good luck with my first!!). I was lucky to get almost 4 years out of the mod and only replaced the tank once.

Bad Drip Labs is a favorite juice company of mine. Cereal Trip is hands down my favorite juice. Other than that I stick to local companies. I like to keep a few cereal/fruity bottles and a custardy bottle on hand at all times.

I've had good luck with fruit loop flavors, berry flavors, thing like blueberry cake, strawberry milk pie, Apple jacks, fruit roll ups, etc...
    For custard I found one I really like that's vanilla custard with pecan and butterscotch drizzle.

When I first started vaping you could test flavors in the store before buying, which was AWESOME!! But since you can't tax samples the state squashed it. If the state don't get their cut you can't do it!!!
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 05-13-2019 at 06:44 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (05-15-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    I'm with you. I have an Orion for use when I need smaller clouds, and the Juul for when I need no clouds.

On my desk right now have my deathwish plague doctor mech with .12 fraliens and my custom DNA from mad modder with a .10 staged alien/fused clafton.

And look, I just made this a vape snob conversation lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Nice. Love those Plague Doctors. Deathwish has been on my wish list for a while now, and I almost bought one a few weeks back, but decided to upgrade my BP enclosure first. Right now I'm running the Rune RDA on a Minikin Boost. Long car trips usually mean I'm taking the Drag 2 with the Uforce T2 tank. Never really liked tanks much, but they are good for those long drives. Right or wrong, I am also known to drip and drive regularly.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

19. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-13-2019)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast