Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,731

0 members and 2,731 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,023
Threads: 248,488
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, fishguts
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Vaping/Juul and "quitting smoking"

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    My wife tried the JUUL but didn't like it. She is now going to try the FUMA. They make some that look like cigarette's and her step mother likes the FUMA she say's it's the best vape she has tried but I am sure there are many,many types out there.

I also for myself am very anti-smoking and vaping. I've seen what it did to my parents. But would be willing to see my wife taper down nicotene (and hopefully quit) using one and I agree they have to be better than cigarette's health wise. But I've read about vaping and would think quitting would be the best reason for using them, because of health reasons. So we need one that has tapering down amounts of nicotine.

Does anyone here have knowledge about a certain chemical in vapes that some people can be actually allergic too and thus have problem using the vape. My wife coughs bad when she tries to use them. But where hoping that it will go away. But is might be the chemical in them which is propylene glycol Are there vapes that don't have that chemical in them. It's something like VG or some other initials. So can someone who has a clue help us out here? PS sorry for the font change, I'm not yelling LOL
    Vape juice contains Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and Propelyne Glycol (PG). To the best of my knowledge, those are the base ingredients (on different percentages) of all e-juice.

It's very possible that's she coughing a lot from vaping if she is still actively smoking cigarettes as well, cigs burn the cilia in the respiratory tract and the vape irritates the damaged cilia.

But with the juul I have found it very irritating to my throat if I use it a lot. A simple yet very effective fix is just to drink water when it feels irritated

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Thanks

My wife tried the JUUL but didn't like it. She is now going to try the FUMA. They make some that look like cigarette's and her step mother likes the FUMA she say's it's the best vape she has tried but I am sure there are many,many types out there.

I also for myself am very anti-smoking and vaping. I've seen what it did to my parents. But would be willing to see my wife taper down nicotene (and hopefully quit) using one and I agree they have to be better than cigarette's health wise. But I've read about vaping and would think quitting would be the best reason for using them, because of health reasons. So we need one that has tapering down amounts of nicotine.

Does anyone here have knowledge about a certain chemical in vapes that some people can be actually allergic too and thus have problem using the vape. My wife coughs bad when she tries to use them. But where hoping that it will go away. But is might be the chemical in them which is propylene glycol Are there vapes that don't have that chemical in them. It's something like VG or some other initials. So can someone who has a clue help us out here? PS sorry for the font change, I'm not yelling LOL
    Typically, e-juice is comprised of 3 parts PG, VG, and flavoring. Propylene Glycol (commonly mistaken for ethylene glycol, which is a component of anti-freeze) is a humectant, commonly found in almost everything. From packaged foods to cigarette tobacco, PG is used to keep things from drying out, and is considered pretty much harmless by the FDA. Vegetable Glycerin is another common item in many foods. The flavoring is where most people get into trouble.

Normally, if a vape is too "dry" or "throaty", it is a result of a high PG ratio in the mix. Using those pre-filled pod type vapes typically means 50/50 PG/VG. This tends to induce coughing in a lot of people. Switching to a refillable type system and a juice that is more like 30% PG and 70% VG should fix this for her. There are also juices available that are 100% VG, but bear in mind that the PG is what Carrie's flavor, so full VG juices tend to have a weird, oily taste.

Different flavors can made a million ways, and some are produced with alcohol, which can become harsh. Artificial sweeteners can have the same issue, but natural sweeteners tend to gum up atomizer coils quickly.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-15-2019),ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fadingdaylight View Post
    Typically, e-juice is comprised of 3 parts PG, VG, and flavoring. Propylene Glycol (commonly mistaken for ethylene glycol, which is a component of anti-freeze) is a humectant, commonly found in almost everything. From packaged foods to cigarette tobacco, PG is used to keep things from drying out, and is considered pretty much harmless by the FDA. Vegetable Glycerin is another common item in many foods. The flavoring is where most people get into trouble.

Normally, if a vape is too "dry" or "throaty", it is a result of a high PG ratio in the mix. Using those pre-filled pod type vapes typically means 50/50 PG/VG. This tends to induce coughing in a lot of people. Switching to a refillable type system and a juice that is more like 30% PG and 70% VG should fix this for her. There are also juices available that are 100% VG, but bear in mind that the PG is what Carrie's flavor, so full VG juices tend to have a weird, oily taste.

Different flavors can made a million ways, and some are produced with alcohol, which can become harsh. Artificial sweeteners can have the same issue, but natural sweeteners tend to gum up atomizer coils quickly.
    Very well said. Much applause

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

You can get vape juice that is 100% VG (Vegetable glycerin) This will reduce the need to cough. PG Propylene Glycol is what gives u the feeling in the back of your throat. Generally Juice is 80/20 or 70/30 80 VG and 20 PG. the 100% VG doesnt taste as good as the 80/20 from what I've been told. I've only used 80/20. Another thing that causes coughing with vapes is if people hit them like they do a cig. to hit a vape you should put your whole mouth around the end and inhale without any extra air. I know most people that start vaping cough a lot at first. Just have her take it easy until her throat is used to the vapor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    Very well said. Much applause

I tried making my own juice for a while. I discovered that I don't have the patience to let it steep.
    - Jason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    You can get vape juice that is 100% VG (Vegetable glycerin) This will reduce the need to cough. PG Propylene Glycol is what gives u the feeling in the back of your throat. Generally Juice is 80/20 or 70/30 80 VG and 20 PG. the 100% VG doesnt taste as good as the 80/20 from what I've been told. I've only used 80/20. Another thing that causes coughing with vapes is if people hit them like they do a cig. to hit a vape you should put your whole mouth around the end and inhale without any extra air. I know most people that start vaping cough a lot at first. Just have her take it easy until her throat is used to the vapor.
    Good point here. Vaping is generally not meant to be "mouth to lung" the way a cigarette is. Even equipment that states that it is meant to be used MTL is generally going to be much smoother with a direct lung pull. Tell her to try inhaling deeply, from the vaporizer all the way into the lung, instead of pulling from the device to the mouth, then into the lung. Not sure how the FUMA works, but it may help smooth things out.

One last thing, nicotine content is everything. Salt nicotine juices used in a lot of these newer pods can run from 25-50mg. That is a ton of nicotine. The average American cigarette contains just over 9mg, of which only about 8mg converts to free nicotine in the bloodstream.

More nicotine makes juices much harder on the throat. I have been vaping for about 10 years, smoked since I was 12, and I can't do salt nic, it is too harsh for me. Personally, I like 3mg for a smooth hit. But I use 9mg most of the day right now to be comparable in nicotine content to a cigarette.
    - Jason

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    You can, however max VG will not perform properly unless used in a more powerful sub ohm setup due to higher viscosity and less wicking capability than PG

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019),fadingdaylight (05-15-2019),sur3fir3 (05-15-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

You can, however max VG will not perform properly unless used in a more powerful sub ohm setup due to higher viscosity and less wicking capability than PG

I was not aware of this ^^

Thanks

Very good point. VG is much thicker than PG, and will not wick the same way in smaller set ups. That is why most of them come prefilled with 50/50, it is thin enough to wick right in those tiny coils and wicks.
    - Jason

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    In the end, vaping is a very personal, hands on kinda thing. Everyone likes their vape their own way, and it takes time and tinkering to get it dialed in just the way you like it. Unlike cigarettes, there really is no "one way" about it.
    Last edited by fadingdaylight; 05-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    - Jason

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-15-2019),ballpythonsrock2 (05-16-2019)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast