Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,686

1 members and 2,685 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Vaping/Juul and "quitting smoking"

So....I "quit smoking" a few weeks ago thanks to the Juul. I feel funny saying I've quit smoking because I just replaced one vice for another BUT my life has improved. The main reason is husband HATES cigarette smoke, him and our pup are allergic. The Juul doesn't produce nearly as much "smoke" as a real cigarette or those other vaping setups (you fill the oil yourself, the Juul has pre-filled disposable cartridges, each one supposedly equal to one pack of smokes but cheaper!)

Has anyone else had success using a Juul or something similar?

Has anyone also tried vaping CBD?

Favorite products/flavors? I never thought I would enjoy the fruity flavors but so far digging mango and mixed berry.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

Toad37 (05-13-2019)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Vaped for about 5 years then let my kid move back in.....
    No one likes a quitter.

Thanks

Re: Vaping/Juul and "quitting smoking"

I've tried vaping but the issue I have with it is you don't get to "finish" it. One of the satisfactions you get from smoking is being able to flick the butt or some how put it out. You can't get that sort of "closure" from a vape so it never worked for me.

Thanks

I have to be honest here - it takes a lot to turn my stomach, but cigarette smoke cuts right to the quick. It is so foul smelling that it is difficult for me to keep my cool when it's around. Both my parents smoked during my entire childhood and I wanted to kick them in the face every time they lit up. I'm not speaking in hyperbole either. I'm a child of the '70s and '80s so it just seemed omnipresent and I'm very intolerant of it to this day. Whenever I see a cigarette in someones mouth I think it looks so ridiculously stupid. I just don't get the entire appeal.

A few years back some guy blew vape vapor in my face at a concert and the rest of his night did not go as planned. He blew this acrid smelling cloud in my face that smelled liked an apple that had passed through someone's colon. I told him to blow that sh-t in another direction and when he told me to get over it, things went south for him double-quick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeptiball For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    I have to be honest here - it takes a lot to turn my stomach, but cigarette smoke cuts right to the quick. It is so foul smelling that it is difficult for me to keep my cool when it's around. Both my parents smoked during my entire childhood and I wanted to kick them in the face every time they lit up. I'm not speaking in hyperbole either. I'm a child of the '70s and '80s so it just seemed omnipresent and I'm very intolerant of it to this day. Whenever I see a cigarette in someones mouth I think it looks so ridiculously stupid. I just don't get the entire appeal.
    Same here, my parents were "human chimneys"...I've never smoked (or vaped) anything in my life, I've never wanted to, & I can guarantee I never will.
    What a huge waste of health & money.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Skeptiball (05-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Same here, my parents were "human chimneys"...I've never smoked (or vaped) anything in my life, I've never wanted to, & I can guarantee I never will.
    What a huge waste of health & money.
    I remember both my parents smoking in the car with me and my younger brother trapped in the back seat. My dad would "crack" the window for us, but that never helped. Essentially they hot-boxed me and my brother for well over a decade. No amount of begging or reasoning would make them stop.

Just writing that made me remember a time I was called into the office in seventh grade. My mom dropped me off at school and smoked during the entire drive there. When I got to school, the cigarette smoke smell was so heavy on me that the crossing guard reported me to the principle. She thought I was smoking before school. The principle explained the dangers of smoking to me and I had to explain to him I smelled like that because of my mother. I had a take home a note for my mom to sign and not even that got her to quit.

Geez, I didn't realize this thread would be such a trigger!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeptiball For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-13-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    So....I "quit smoking" a few weeks ago thanks to the Juul. I feel funny saying I've quit smoking because I just replaced one vice for another BUT my life has improved. The main reason is husband HATES cigarette smoke, him and our pup are allergic. The Juul doesn't produce nearly as much "smoke" as a real cigarette or those other vaping setups (you fill the oil yourself, the Juul has pre-filled disposable cartridges, each one supposedly equal to one pack of smokes but cheaper!)

Has anyone else had success using a Juul or something similar?

Has anyone also tried vaping CBD?

Favorite products/flavors? I never thought I would enjoy the fruity flavors but so far digging mango and mixed berry.

OK so here it goes. I stopped smoking about 2 years ago and picked up vaping. I had the start of COPD, and vaping allowed my lungs to heal enough that I no longer have COPD. I failed my spirometer test the last time I was smoking. but the last time I took the spirometer test I passed. I've spent the last 2 years vaping, and I love it. I worked down from 12 miligrams all the way down to 3mg. lately I've been mixing my own juice at 1.5mg. Now as far as CBD. I have vaped both thc and CBD. CBD will provide you with some mellowing effects, and take away some pain. When it comes to pain Marijuana does not take the pain away 100%. Instead it just makes the pain bearable. I know numerous people that have never smoked weed that love CBD. You down have to worry about getting high, or the effects. When I stopped smoking weed 2 years ago I started on the CBD. It has all the beneficial effects that Weed has without the getting high part. Personally I'd rather get high. I recommend you switch to a real vape and leave Juul alone. See Juul uses Nicotine salts which from what I understand absorb better into the body, and last longer than regular vaping. If your goal is to quit smoking/vaping completely I recommend you buy this setup, and then find your nicotine level, and start cutting back. Here are the links to the MOD, and the tank you should get. Right now this is th ebest combo you can vape with.

https://www.giantvapes.com/geekvape-aegis-le-kit/

https://www.elementvape.com/freemax-...ank?enter=true

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    OK so here it goes. I stopped smoking about 2 years ago and picked up vaping. I had the start of COPD, and vaping allowed my lungs to heal enough that I no longer have COPD. I failed my spirometer test the last time I was smoking. but the last time I took the spirometer test I passed. I've spent the last 2 years vaping, and I love it. I worked down from 12 miligrams all the way down to 3mg. lately I've been mixing my own juice at 1.5mg. Now as far as CBD. I have vaped both thc and CBD. CBD will provide you with some mellowing effects, and take away some pain. When it comes to pain Marijuana does not take the pain away 100%. Instead it just makes the pain bearable. I know numerous people that have never smoked weed that love CBD. You down have to worry about getting high, or the effects. When I stopped smoking weed 2 years ago I started on the CBD. It has all the beneficial effects that Weed has without the getting high part. Personally I'd rather get high. I recommend you switch to a real vape and leave Juul alone. See Juul uses Nicotine salts which from what I understand absorb better into the body, and last longer than regular vaping. If your goal is to quit smoking/vaping completely I recommend you buy this setup, and then find your nicotine level, and start cutting back. Here are the links to the MOD, and the tank you should get. Right now this is th ebest combo you can vape with.

https://www.giantvapes.com/geekvape-aegis-le-kit/

https://www.elementvape.com/freemax-...ank?enter=true
    "The best combo" is extremely objective when it comes to vaping.

But I'm definitely with you on the Freemax Mesh Pro tank, best tank with replaceable coils on the market IMO. It is definitely my top recommendation as well for a replaceable coil tank

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

Thanks

I have been a avid vaper for about 5 years. It's another one of my hobbies/addictions lol. I smoked 2 packs of Newports a day for nearly 10 years. I will smoke a cigarette on occasion, but probably on average that looks like max of 3 cigarettes a month and I throw it out halfway cause I dont even enjoy them nearly as much as vaping anymore.

I have like 11 different vape setups, in addition to like 5 juuls (juul.com gives me a free one like every month for using autoship on pods). Many of my friends and family have had much success in quitting smoking with either juuls or vapes or some combo.

I build the coils in all my tanks and drippers (besides the juul and another pod system I use) and prefer to refill my own juice. I tailor my builds and atomizer to the type of juice based on what gets me the most flavor.

In my rebuildable tanks I'll typically use fruity menthol flavors, in my drippers I prefer custardy, cereal, and dessert type flavors. With the juul I will only use mint, cause I am of the opinion that all juul flavors suck and the mint sucks the least.

Also highly recommend that you get a jili box for the juul, it's a portable charger around the size of a pack of cigarettes but about 1/4 the thickness. It will charge the juul in like 35 minutes and will give 4-5 full charges per box charge. Also holds 2 extra pods which is convenient

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Avsha531; 05-13-2019 at 12:55 PM.
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-13-2019)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't smoke but my parents did. And I hated it. They finally quit using e-cigs. So good for you! Just stay away from the flavored ones. It's basically food artificial flavoring that was never meant to be inhaled. It's as dangerous as a real cig doing that.

You can also wean yourself off nicotine entirely by get smaller and small doses. One guys I know said in the end all he needed was just seeing the "puff of smoke" to relieve his stress. Eventually he didn't eve need that.
    - Mason

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-13-2019),Skeptiball (05-13-2019)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast