Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

1 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Good places to buy Jaguar/IJ Carpet Pythons?

Hello everyone! I'm really interested in getting a jaguar or IJ carpet python. The nearest expo is 3 hours away from me and I don't think my parents will be too eager to take me there. Does anyone here know any trusty breeders that have reasonable prices? MorphMarket has a good amount of Jaguars and IJ, but I would want some more options.
    I like noodles.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Good places to buy Jaguar/IJ Carpet Pythons?

I got my guy at an expo from Python in a Pear Tree and he was a wonderful breeder and I know he worked with jungles as well. I'm sure he also ships. Prices of his looked reasonable to me compared to some less quality breeders I saw at the same expo. (Even less than those in a few cases) I'm not sure he does post on Morph Market or not, so maybe find a FB or website page to look at or message directly.

Though I should mention since we brought it up in the other thread... jaguar and jungle are different and jaguar carpet pythons are a morph of coastal carpet python, often crossed/hybridized with jungle carpet pythons. I'm not sure there is any reliable info on their max size, and it will depend how much coastal is in that hybrid.

Jungles and IJs (and coastal) are species, jaguar is a morph originally found in coastals and crossed into some of the other species. Jaguar is also "known" for its wobble similar to spider BPs, so something else to be aware of. Some do just fine, but you'd need to closely evaluate the animal you want to see how it manifests.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pretends2bnormal; 05-12-2019 at 03:07 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-12-2019),Danya (05-12-2019),Dianne (05-12-2019),WhompingWillow (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

The info pretends2bnormal gave is excellent. Carpets have different subspecies and morphs within those subspecies. To complicate things further, many times subspecies are crossed, giving you kind of a designer mutt. I purchased my Bredli and granite IJ from Star Pythons. My caramel diamond jungle is from KD Selective Creations. I had great experiences with both. You also can't go wrong with Nick Mutton of Inland Reptiles.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

My bad. I mixed the two up. I'm interested in jungles, not jaguars. I will definitely contact the breeder you listed.
    I like noodles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Danya For This Useful Post:

pretends2bnormal (05-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts
    I'd personally steer clear of any with a "wobble" (ie. jaguars) in that case. I'm glad you're interested in jungle...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danya View Post
    My bad. I mixed the two up. I'm interested in jungles, not jaguars. I will definitely contact the breeder you listed.
    He's a very well-informed breeder imo. A few others I spoke to in person told me "oh, all carpets are bitey." And not to expect them to grow out of it. But after handling one of theirs that had bitten 12 people already that day and many more to the guy himself (with no bites on me), they held their hand up to its face, got bit then picked it up.. *facepalm* not the way to work with a python...

His babies are all very nice. I had a hard time choosing... if i remember correctly, I paid $100 for my coastal male in fall 2018. The females were $25-50 higher. A wild type jungle shouldn't be too much higher than that. I'm not familiar with morphs though.

I don't recall seeing any IJs at his table, but he may work with them as well, I'm just not sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

For IJ’s, Steven Katz of SBK Reptiles and Eric Burke of EB Morelia come to mind. They both breed all sorts of carpets and Morelia but seems they focus on the IJs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Keep in mind that while carpets may have the reputation of being defensive and bitey when young, not all are like that. Really depends on the individual animal. I consider myself lucky that all 3 of mine are absolute sweeties.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-12-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For great animals, customer service and lineage I recommend Nick Mutton http://www.inlandreptile.com
    Deborah Stewart

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (05-12-2019),Gio (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm looking for a more defensive snake right now, so that's why I'm really interested in carpets.
    I like noodles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast