Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,740 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Buyer’s remorse: advice is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    If people are willing to pay $300 for a kinked snake - The Breeder just needs to find another buyer.
    And buyers, please watch some old WC Fields movies ("There's a sucker born every minute..."). This snake should have been much more carefully looked-over if
    it was picked up in person. You can't let "morph-madness" drive the bus...it's so much easier to back out before you've paid & taken the snake home.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-09-2019 at 06:13 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    If people are willing to pay $300 for a kinked snake - The Breeder just needs to find another buyer.
    Maybe, but the best case scenario in my head is the owner gets his money back and keeps the snake or re-homes it. The dollar value of that animal is zero and is not worth the breeder re-introducing it to his operation. The risk of taking the animal back is just not worth it. Nothing from outside comes into my small operation at this point. I promise clean healthy animals. I would not jeopardize that by introducing an unknown which this animal has become. But the breeder has already shown himself to be foolish, so who knows what he will do.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (05-09-2019)

Thanks

Quarantine is a thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokersnake For This Useful Post:

Toad37 (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokersnake View Post
    She was born in late December. Could her markings have faded that quickly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'm honestly not familiar with this specific issue (markings that fade) but I don't see how, and if they faded, wouldn't they fade evenly, not in this specific and
    shape-altering way??? Seems fishy to me...
    it's not colors fading. it's colors coming in like i mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Markings aside, I don't have the time to compare scales on the animal but I would if i was the owner, this snake is not what the purchaser says he was told about the animal and it should have never been sold in the first place. So yeah, the whole thing stinks like a fish market.

Breeder spent money on animals, rolled the dice and lost. My opinion is you don't play a rigged dice game with lives. Its why I don't ever breed a spider to a spider. Breeder gambled and lost, now he has to pay the house.
    no one breeds Spider x Spider b/c the super is fatal. same w/ Champ x Champ or Champ x Spider. i havent heard of anyone doing those pairings since established breeders like OWAL and Dave Green documented the results. Super Cinny, Super Black Pastels and 8-Balls are not fatal; some are perfect and some are kinked. many deformed animals actually thrive whether or not they are an 8-Ball complex Super or ASL. this is most def a lesson learned for OP. i dunno what the policies and guarantees of the breeder but they seem to need some flexibility for a resolution on this matter.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Pokersnake (05-09-2019)

Thanks

There were no posted or explained policies. Only after I started to speak to him about the issues did he say he would have taken it back after a week.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

This does look like the same snake to me based on the head scales being identical.

This is an unfortunate situation. You can always post on the FBI Reptiles group on FB, but make sure you have all necessary proof/screenshots to back up what the seller told you about the kink compared to what you are seeing.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-09-2019),Pokersnake (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    ok i'm leaning towards that is not the same snake. sorry, my bad. somehow my dummy butt didn't scroll down in that first link (https://imgur.com/gallery/maq0tBF) to see the other pix and the much, much lighter snake in the tub compared to the darker one in the first pix. that snake should not have been sold if it had that kind of twist and put down if it displayed that deformity/behavior at after hatching. you could try to compare scales, but i would more likely compare speckles. also i don't see a duckbill in the 1st pix from the breeder (at least at that angle), but see it in some angles of OP's pix esp. in the 4th pix of the first link.

Edit: imma post/embed your pix here in...

Breeder pix

Zoomed In Breeder Pix

severe issues

ducky

OP's animal's ringer

headshot
    Last edited by Ax01; 05-09-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Pokersnake (05-09-2019),Toad37 (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

I've circled the two areas I'm seeing where there are the exact same irregularities in each photo. One of the scales towards the nose is split in the same place,and there's a darkened scale in the same spot on the back of the head.

Going by coloring alone isn't enough, as pastels can fade drastically in some morph combos, especially Pewter and Black Pewter.

OP, is the breeder photo you posted the only one that was provided to you? It looks very artfully shot to me, like the breeder was likely trying to hide the extent of the kinking.

Also, just to cover bases, are we sure the snake hasn't experienced high temps or chemicals to explain the additional abnormal body movement? I realize it is more likely explained by the kinking.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks
    also look for these splotches

is that the same pink one? is the red one still there? the twisting is obscuring stuff.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will make general remarks

1# You wanted a cheap snake and as they say you got what you paid for and got in over your head. A mistake to learn from, research the mutation and research the breeder in the future.

2# Some breeders do chose to sell animals with issues and it’s sad, animals like those should be given away to someone knowledgeable and able.

3# The animal is likely mis-represented and a different animal than the one purchased, wrong on the breeder’s end

4# YOU waited 2 weeks and all of the sudden you are no longer happy, sorry that’s a bit long from a breeder’s perspective and anything during those two weeks could have happen (snake over heating etc); you had the chance upon reception or even the first 48 hours but yet kept quiet even though considering #3

5# The snake looks ok as far as food goes, it would not have made it that long and look this way if it was not feeding, the issue is YOU can’t get it to eat.

6# That animals has a chance of a good life IMO, in the right hands.

7# You are both at fault here IMO and I doubt there will be a good resolution, if I was the breeder I would refund the money but it would not solve the issue (only the monetary issue on your end and his rep on the other) there is still the matter of the animal that needs care, knowledge and willingness to have a shot at a good life.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-09-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (05-09-2019),Bogertophis (05-09-2019),Craiga 01453 (05-10-2019),ladywhipple02 (05-13-2019)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast