Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,537

6 members and 3,531 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: First time owner - How is my setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarshall View Post
    I know turn around time on APs is out of this world. I had read somewhere that they are opening a bigger shop (maybe?) which would cut down on production time. Can’t remember where I read it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. For anything other than the Quick Ship items (basically just the T8) shipping times are extending passed the 3 month range. The quick ship items are supposed to be ready in about 21 days, although not guaranteed. I called to inquire about expected wait times and I was told they are currently pretty backed up even these items are taking about a month to process. It's not the end of the world. These enclosures are highly recommended and I could honestly use the extra time to research instead of just going out and buying a snake right away. The long wait times are actually good for someone like me!

There is a local guy in Castle Rock, Colorado that makes/sells ABS enclosures. Jungle Cages if anyone is interested. His turnaround is 10 days and a lot of people around here recommend him over AP essentially because of the super quick turnaround. He doesn't ship or deliver so you do have to pick up the full size item. A co-worker is purchasing a 5 x 2 x 3 enclosure with stand for her boa so I am curious to see how both enclosures compare.

Thanks
    Yeah, "quick ship". The last "quick ship" T8 I bought took 4 months to arrive. Last T8 I'll ever buy. It's just way too much money to pay up front and then not be told when to expect the product.

AP's enclosures do come highly recommended, but there are others that are just as good if not better.

Don't take my word for it though. Take your time, ask questions, and get other impressions. That way you can make the best choice for you.
    \m/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234