Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,891

2 members and 2,889 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Guesses, anyone? Part orange eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlton View Post
    I’m not the best with morph identification what about a pastave with lesser or ghost that one kinda looks like mine just lighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure it can't be a pastave + lesser or it would be a pastel blue eye lucy (lesser/mojave)

Not sure what it IS, though...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    Pretty sure it can't be a pastave + lesser or it would be a pastel blue eye lucy (lesser/mojave)

Not sure what it IS, though...
    yes, that's true.

also i'm not even sure that Bach, your snake in question is a Ghost visual. he doesn't have the blue tint or glow.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    yes, that's true.

also i'm not even sure that Bach, your snake in question is a Ghost visual. he doesn't have the blue tint or glow.
    I agree that I don't think he is ghost because his shed skins, while light, do have color to them. I was wondering, could he be an incubator oops or something? He does have the slight spider wobble when about to strike, which I also don't necessarily see spider so maybe a temperature issue may explain both his looks and his atypical neuro manifestations.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    yes, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tila View Post
    I agree that I don't think he is ghost because his shed skins, while light, do have color to them. I was wondering, could he be an incubator oops or something? He does have the slight spider wobble when about to strike, which I also don't necessarily see spider so maybe a temperature issue may explain both his looks and his atypical neuro manifestations.
    TBH i kinda think the breeder u bought him from might not be the best. Morph ID wrong for this snake, prob morph ID wrong w/ the clutch that had Mojo's or lost track of pairings, possible incubation/ issues (or heating or chemicals) that caused neuro issues, etc.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Tila (05-08-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can tell you what I don't see

Not a Mojave
    Not a Ghost

Now what do I see

I see lesser the rest it's gonna have to be a mystery until you prove it out or forever

Now for those saying no Spider because no Spider head pattern, keep in mind some Spider have normal head pattern Black Pastel Queen Bee for example.

Bottom line you can't call this snake anything just like you can't call the person you got it from a breeder, while a breeder may not always know what's in a snake (and you may get an extra bonus) they don't sell an animal as Lesser Ghost and it does not resemble a Lesser ghost and it's not like it's not a mutation that has not been around for a long time.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Tila (05-08-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

To be fair to the individual I got Bach from, he told me he wasn't sure and admitted the label was most likely incorrect. He gave me an excellent price. He had a booth at the Portland, ME expo and a business name. I chose Bach for his health (the slight jiggle showed itself when feeding) and his interesting looks.

I wish only to share him as a point of interest. Parts of what draw me to snake keeping are the puzzling out over time the mysteries, the learning and the science. I learn so much from you guys and besides conundrums like this I wouldn't have much to share.

So I appreciate everyone's guesses, wrong or right, and if Bach ends up being a dad one clutch, I will let you all know what happens!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12