Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,487

1 members and 2,486 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Lightbulb IMG Identification Baby BCI

Hello!

I picked up my first boa at an expo over the weekend. I was told he was a Colombian BCI, 100% het Anery and possible het Sharp Albino, and I managed to snag him for a flat $100. He’s only 2 weeks old, hatched 4/20/19.

He’s a beautiful snake, darker and less red than his siblings with high contrast facial markings. He’s out of an IMG, and after watching a couple ID videos with boa hatchlings displaying the gene, I’m half convinced he is one. As he’s very young, he wouldn’t be dark like older boas with the gene yet.

I’m linking a photo album from the day I got him below in the hopes that someone can confirm or tell me he isn’t with any degree of certainty. He’ll have a happy home with me regardless, of course.

I don’t want to disturb him by taking new photos right now, so this is all I have. His belly is speckled with black on the sides, though.

https://imgur.com/gallery/X7Uu8Ha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ametrine For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (05-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: IMG Identification Baby BCI

I will leave the possible morph identification to others with more experience, but I can't imagine any seller mistakenly letting an IMG slip by for $100 when those are snakes that can run in the several thousand dollar range.

Edited to add that he's a beautiful little guy regardless.
    Last edited by WhompingWillow; 05-06-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I will leave the possible morph identification to others with more experience, but I can't imagine any seller mistakenly letting an IMG slip by for $100 when those are snakes that can run in the several thousand dollar range.

Edited to add that he's a beautiful little guy regardless.
    You’d think not, but apparently that exact thing happened with a baby they sold last year from the same parents. They said if mine darkened up to bring him back and let them know so they could start holding back longer for those babies and not miss out on them, haha.

It’s also worth mentioning that I bought him from a middleman, not the actual breeder.

Thank you! I love him already, he has a great little personality too.
    Last edited by Ametrine; 05-06-2019 at 09:34 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ametrine For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can't see the pic with the link you have, but I'm in agreement with Willow that I seriously doubt they would've sold him for $100 if they had a hint. "Middleman" typically = "salesman" in my book. Middlemen are flippers... they buy animals at rock bottom prices from wholesalers or breeders who don't want to hold on to excess stock, and then they flip those animals quickly to make as much profit on them as they can. A good breeder just isn't going to sell a possible IMG at a cheap price. If they got the animals wholesale there may be a small, small chance, but I really doubt it.

Not trying to bring you down at all, just educate. There's a lot of stories in this hobby, and 90% of them untrue.

I would imagine you probably have a darker BI or possibly a central american mix of some kind, but again, I'd like to see the pics.

Out of curiosity... did the seller tell you who the breeder was? If that was the case, you could always contact them directly... which would be my choice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Ametrine (05-07-2019)

Thanks

That’s fair and you’re likely right. They didn’t tell me who the breeder was, no. I will say that they seemed genuinely unwilling to sell him to me once they took a closer look at him, though..they were trying to press his brother on me and only honored the price because they had labeled him as normal and offered me the price on one that was marked the same way.

I know they were just trying to make a sale, and I’m happy with him regardless, the whole interaction was just kind of interesting to me.

It’s an imgur gallery set to public, so that’s odd that you can’t see it? I’ll try to attach a few pictures here though, give me one second.

Thanks
    I can see the pics no problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post

It’s an imgur gallery set to public, so that’s odd that you can’t see it? I’ll try to attach a few pictures here though, give me one second.

It's probably because I'm at work. BLOCKED

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

I’d be ver surprised as already said that a breeder would let a 2/3k snake go for $100
    The head spear on an img stands out massively and unless there albino there pretty dark from a few sheds in
    Here’s my Hypo img when I first had her, she was a nice red colour
    this is her now at 3 yrs old most of her red has gone hope this helps

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Ametrine (05-07-2019),Jessibelle (05-07-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    It's probably because I'm at work. BLOCKED
    Blocked! Blocked! None of you are free of sin
    Anyway here’s a couple of the pictures

Last edited by Ametrine; 05-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ametrine For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (05-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    I’d be ver surprised as already said that a breeder would let a 2/3k snake go for $100
    The head spear on an img stands out massively and unless there albino there pretty dark from a few sheds in
    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Absolutely beautiful snake!

And thanks for the info. I kind of doubt he is at this point, but he’s pretty as is so I love him just the same haha. He’s only shed twice, if that makes any difference?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ametrine For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast