Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,254

0 members and 2,254 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Noodle outdoor photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    They use their "abs"... Truly impressive, I agree. They use their scutes in much the same way ice skaters push off the edges of their blades...& they actually have
    trouble moving if you put them on a smooth glass coffee table, for example, because there's nothing to push off against. That's why some snakes learn to side-wind
    in soft sand, by basically throwing a loop of their body forward & then repeating on the other side. The more you learn about snakes, the more amazing they are.

BTW, her yellow face and especially her orange eyes really suggest she has some Everglades rat snake genes.
    Just imagining that makes my abs hurt lol! Really fascinating how they move around. Sometimes I watch my BP doing the rectilinear motion to go forward and the movement of his belly muscles reminds me of a caterpillar. They really are fun to observe and learn about!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Re: Noodle outdoor photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Just imagining that makes my abs hurt lol! Really fascinating how they move around. Sometimes I watch my BP doing the rectilinear motion to go forward and the movement of his belly muscles reminds me of a caterpillar. They really are fun to observe and learn about!
    You're right, they have several ways of motion...the forward "caterpillar" is sometimes also compared to an accordion.
    We're lucky they don't do sit-ups...they'd really put us to shame, eh? I sure couldn't hang onto a tree that way, no matter how much bark it had, lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (05-10-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12