Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
Yes it is ,but the statement in the article that people in the south keep them as pets is bogus like the rest of the article. I have lived in the south my whole life (48 years) and I have never heard or known of anyone that has kept an Armadillo as a pet. If anything they are considered a pest. They will tear up a yard digging for worms....With that said I do know quite of few that will eat an Armadillo, but that's a whole other story
After I moved here, I knew someone (who TRULY should have known better!- he was an exotic animal vet!) who paid me a visit & wanted me to help him get an
armadillo to take back to California as a pet, where it's illegal anyway. He was up in years (not thinking clearly) & I was no help at all (LOL) & it was the last
thing he needed to be dealing with anyway (all sorts of problems & he has since passed away). And you're right, I know of NO ONE keeping an armadillo for a pet.
I mostly see them around as road-kill...they probably make the buzzards happy? For sure that was yet another bogus statement in that article.