Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,235

1 members and 3,234 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Game of Thrones SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by reptilemom25 View Post
    My husband and i just watched the most recent episode last night. I don't see why everyone was so stunned. I have seen the writing on the wall about Dany for a while now, at least from the beginning of season 7, and there were definite signs before that. She has been getting more and more ruthless and more paranoid and focused on the throne, not what is good for the people. I am not necessarily pleased that this is where the character has gone, but it was clear for a long time that she would reach a crossroads and have to make a choice.

FWIW my theory is that Aria will die killing Dany, and Jon will rule, but not as a king. I feel like its going to be more of a 7 member council, one from each kingdom, with Jon acting as the mediator. I don't feel like he will accept a crown again, but he really is the best person to rebuild.
    I agree that Dany started to devolve sometime back. I was team Dany right up until the moment when she killed the Tarlys (Sam's father and brother) for not bending the knee. Once she destroyed King's Landing, that was the final nail in the coffin for me. I see her as nonredeemable and I hope something comes out of Varys death. Grey Worm was a one of my favorites right up until he threw his spear into a surrendered solider.

I also think that the Seven Kingdoms will be self-ruled at the end but I see Tyrion ruling the south from a rebuilt King's Landing and Sansa ruling the north (Gendry at Storm's End and Yara Greyjoy at the Iron Islands, etc.). I think Jon will go north beyond the wall and live with Ghost in peace.

For my part, I would like to see an end to the dragons. They're like the nuclear weapons of that world and need to be destroyed (just my two cents ). I would love to see Arya kill the last dragon with Bran's help.

In just a few days we'll all see just how wrong we all are.

Thanks

51 hours people. To be honest, I'm really not nearly as excited for it as I was before episode 5

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    In just a few days we'll all see just how wrong we all are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    51 hours people. To be honest, I'm really not nearly as excited for it as I was before episode 5
    i want to be even more upset than i already am w/ the show right now! they should kill Jon Snow. that would really piss everyone off. then have Arya wear his face to kill Dany and have Arya retire and be a lady to Gendry. a nice, proper subordinate Lady Arya as a thank u to all the fans.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    ok that's it, game over.

that was a quieter ending to the show then i woulda thought but i guess it all makes sense and ties up the story. i think looking back on Season 8, the problem wasn't w/ the story. it was the story telling from the HBO writers. we have griped about pacing, character development, etc. but i guess that goes to show how much they relied on the book's author. anyways this was the first fantasy fiction thing that i got into. i enjoyed the human conflict and political drama of the story telling as much (if not more) than the fantasy aspect.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-20-2019),JRLongton (05-21-2019),Quarks (05-21-2019)

Thanks

Yeah I'm not disappointed. They set a really high standard for themselves in the previous seasons, but I could live with this ending, and I did enjoy the episode. The quality of the memes floating around this season have just been excellent

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    everybody got a lil bit of what they wanted in the end except for Jon. i mean Starbucks can't even spell his name correctly.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-20-2019)

Thanks

I've watched the episode twice now and I like how it ended. I did enjoy the fact that they all wondered where Drogon may have gone. I personally felt that all the dragons should have been killed and I wanted Arya to stick Drogon.

I also liked how Tyrion still hasn't been able to finish his donkey and honeycomb joke.

Thanks

I've watched it a couple times now - had to let everything sink in.

I, too, enjoyed the ending. I think the writers were more about big production than story, and they left a lot to the imagination of the audience, but still, it was a nice ending.

Here are my thoughts: Bran. Holy cow. If you really think about Bran, he truly played THE BEST game of thrones. Once he became the three-eyed raven, he was able to manipulate the pieces as he saw fit. He orchestrated the outcome of the Battle of Winterfell by giving Arya the dagger, he had the power to warn everyone about Dany but didn't, thus setting up the situation in which all of his enemies and rival to the throne would be removed and/or killed INCLUDING Jon. It is also hinted at that he now can possibly have the power of a dragon as if he finds Drogon, he may be able to warg into him and control him. The Stark family is completely set up after this, and I believe he orchestrated ALL of it in true GoT style. He left me with a very unsettled feeling too because a.) who's to say how long a three-eyed raven will live and b.) even though the council agreed to vote on new kings going forward, who's to say that Bran won't continually manipulate the outcome of said councils, and when he passes on the powers of the three-eyed raven, his successors don't continue to do the same?

As for Dany - ugh, I still love her. I can't help it. Tyrion was so right when he said that she believed in her destiny. She saw some horrible, horrible things, and experienced some horrible, horrible things done to her. She was bought and sold and tortured and all these other things, and she truly thought what she was doing was right in the end. She also thought that she still had Jon, that she still had ONE person in the whole world who would love her for who she was, even a dragon.... and she was wrong. It's a very tragic story, very Shakespearean, and the English major in me truly appreciates that.

Here's my head-canon: Jon becomes the new "King Beyond the Wall", marries a wilding girl, has little wildling/Targaryan babies so the line can continue. Drogon is also free to continue the line of dragons, since George RR Martin has made it pretty clear that mixed sexes aren't necessarily needed for dragons to procreate. And perhaps, someday, Targaryans and dragons meet again, only with less crazy as they now have "the north" in their bloodlines as well. Perhaps they'll need to return to release the world from the tyranny of the Three-eyed ravens lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-21-2019),Ax01 (05-21-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I've watched it a couple times now - had to let everything sink in.

I, too, enjoyed the ending. I think the writers were more about big production than story, and they left a lot to the imagination of the audience, but still, it was a nice ending.

Here are my thoughts: Bran. Holy cow. If you really think about Bran, he truly played THE BEST game of thrones. Once he became the three-eyed raven, he was able to manipulate the pieces as he saw fit. He orchestrated the outcome of the Battle of Winterfell by giving Arya the dagger, he had the power to warn everyone about Dany but didn't, thus setting up the situation in which all of his enemies and rival to the throne would be removed and/or killed INCLUDING Jon. It is also hinted at that he now can possibly have the power of a dragon as if he finds Drogon, he may be able to warg into him and control him. The Stark family is completely set up after this, and I believe he orchestrated ALL of it in true GoT style. He left me with a very unsettled feeling too because a.) who's to say how long a three-eyed raven will live and b.) even though the council agreed to vote on new kings going forward, who's to say that Bran won't continually manipulate the outcome of said councils, and when he passes on the powers of the three-eyed raven, his successors don't continue to do the same?

As for Dany - ugh, I still love her. I can't help it. Tyrion was so right when he said that she believed in her destiny. She saw some horrible, horrible things, and experienced some horrible, horrible things done to her. She was bought and sold and tortured and all these other things, and she truly thought what she was doing was right in the end. She also thought that she still had Jon, that she still had ONE person in the whole world who would love her for who she was, even a dragon.... and she was wrong. It's a very tragic story, very Shakespearean, and the English major in me truly appreciates that.

Here's my head-canon: Jon becomes the new "King Beyond the Wall", marries a wilding girl, has little wildling/Targaryan babies so the line can continue. Drogon is also free to continue the line of dragons, since George RR Martin has made it pretty clear that mixed sexes aren't necessarily needed for dragons to procreate. And perhaps, someday, Targaryans and dragons meet again, only with less crazy as they now have "the north" in their bloodlines as well. Perhaps they'll need to return to release the world from the tyranny of the Three-eyed ravens lol
    WOW! Well said. You got me thinking hard lol

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python