Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,820

1 members and 2,819 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Game of Thrones SPOILERS

An Endgame spoilers thread was created, and now I'm making one for GoT, specifically the Battle of Winterfell.

Holy.Crap.

I have one question for everyone: "What do we say to the god of death?" BAH!

I loved it. I loved everything about it. My husband and I were literally cheering our heads off at the end of the episode, and I am SO pumped to see where everything goes from here.

Thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (04-29-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Game of Thrones SPOILERS

Arya is a beast!
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (04-29-2019),WhompingWillow (05-01-2019)

Thanks
    I was happy they went with a twist! I didn’t want it to be a John vs night king thing.

Thanks

I watched it for the second time last night and I loved it. I was so stoked to see Arya stick it (literally) to the Night King. My two favorites have always been Arya and the Hound and it was good to see the Hound go to help Arya.

Now I have major questions about Bran. Where did he worg to and why? What I mean is, he wasn't using his "sight" to help direct the battle or give instructions. With the Night King out of the picture, what is Bran's role in the rest of the story? Could Bran be a "Day" King?

As heavy as this last episode was, I think it may have been a bit of a pump-fake for the last few episodes. A lot of people thought the death count of beloved characters would be much higher this past weekend, but I think that blow is still to come.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    I was happy they went with a twist! I didn’t want it to be a John vs night king thing.
    I'm actually glad that Jon was so ineffectual this episode. I like him as a character and am rooting for him, but it would have been fairly boring for him to take out the Night King. I knew as soon as Melisandre said blue eyes that it would be Arya... hoping green eyes means Cersei.

I definitely have some issues with how the Battle for Winterfell went (I mean, who REALLY expected almost all of the important characters to survive, especially since everyone was on the front lines...?) but I cannot wait for the next 3 Sundays!!!
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I knew as soon as Melisandre said blue eyes that it would be Arya... hoping green eyes means Cersei.

YES YES YES, me too!

I've been thinking how Barric was brought back basically to save Arya and he died when he fulfilled his purpose. Being that Jon was also brought back from the dead, is he going to also die when his "purpose" is fulfilled, and does that somehow include protecting Arya too? It's already been shown that Arya is WAY more important to the story than was originally thought (though I think it's funny now that George RR Martin always said Arya was his wife's favorite character, which may have been a hint in hind-sight) and there are pieces of different prophesies that she could fit into.

In any case, I think this bodes ill for Jon, which will be crushing. But who knows with this series?

UGH, only four more days til we get more answers!!

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    The last episode was entertaining and the story line was fine but for all the money that had to be spent making it they could have at least dropped a couple dollars on some military advisers and historians to add just a tad bit of realism. I spent the first half hour cussing at the screen with my wife telling me the whole time to shut up it is just a tv show.

The best part was the little girl and the giant.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 05-01-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks
    I love that Arya killed the NK, but there was something that bothered me.

The White Walkers have been built up as this looming existential threat across the entire series. The very first episode opens with the nascent WW army. And yet that entire eight year set up is resolved in a single episode? Even in GoT, which delights in disappointing its fans, this was a bit much.

It was established last season that each of the WW lieutenants had created their own wights, not just the NK. I'd have preferred that the NK is defeated but that the WWs carry on in a much reduced capacity. That way Winterfell could be saved and the WW could still threaten.

Ah, still a great show, so long as Cersei gets what's coming to her!
    \m/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRLongton View Post
    I love that Arya killed the NK, but there was something that bothered me.

The White Walkers have been built up as this looming existential threat across the entire series. The very first episode opens with the nascent WW army. And yet that entire eight year set up is resolved in a single episode? Even in GoT, which delights in disappointing its fans, this was a bit much.

It was established last season that each of the WW lieutenants had created their own wights, not just the NK. I'd have preferred that the NK is defeated but that the WWs carry on in a much reduced capacity. That way Winterfell could be saved and the WW could still threaten.

Ah, still a great show, so long as Cersei gets what's coming to her!

I'm in agreement with you to be honest. I expected the battle against Cersei to be the one that was ended quickly, and then the battle against the WW to be the one that took place over multiple episodes and/or was even carried on after the show - I expected something similar to the Age of Heroes, if you're familiar with the books, where the Long Night occurs, but there's hope in having people fighting on. Now that seems to be turned on it's head a bit, which I'm okay with... but Cersei seriously needs to die. Now.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast