Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,353

1 members and 1,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Avengers Endgame SPOILER Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    I like that they weaseled gamora back into it by bringing her in from the past but I was kind of upset they didn't do the same for Loki. He's always been one of my favorite characters.
    I thought for sure they would bring Loki back, especially with Thor having such a hard time.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I thought for sure they would bring Loki back, especially with Thor having such a hard time.
    My daughter was really disappointed by this too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    Simple. I read your comments and I have doubts.
    please explain what in my comments led to these doubts. Is it simply that fact that I don't agree with your point of view, or do you have an actual basis for your opinion?
    Last edited by reptilemom25; 05-01-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    0.1 Normal ball python Astrid
    1.0 banana bumblebee Samwise
    1.0 San Mattais rosy boa Charlie
    1.0 bearded dragon Gimli
    1.0 crested gecko Mr. Lizard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptilemom25 View Post
    My daughter was really disappointed by this too.

- - - Updated - - -

please explain what in my comments led to these doubts. Is it simply that fact that I don't agree with your point of view, or do you have an actual basis for your opinion?
    Maybe I should clarify this a bit. I thought the quote feature highlighted what I had my doubts about. The specific line was, "Yes, I WOULD definitely complain if they did that kind of crappy job on a scene of male characters charging in. There was no exposition."
    I've heard things very similar to this over the years and it usually comes across as vapid and a way to end a conversation. I've become jaded to it. You're right, I don't know you as a person and you may find fault with a scene showing an all male crew charging in. For that I apologize.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I think they cracked the door a bit with the alternate timeline he created when he left with the tesseract. That may be a later movie and/or spin-off of some sort in which there is a darker Loki only time line, or perhaps something the new Avengers have to fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptiball View Post
    Maybe I should clarify this a bit. I thought the quote feature highlighted what I had my doubts about. The specific line was, "Yes, I WOULD definitely complain if they did that kind of crappy job on a scene of male characters charging in. There was no exposition."
    I've heard things very similar to this over the years and it usually comes across as vapid and a way to end a conversation. I've become jaded to it. You're right, I don't know you as a person and you may find fault with a scene showing an all male crew charging in. For that I apologize.
    It wasn't intended as a way to end a conversation, rather as response to your question and a way to move conversation past the "it would be ok if it was guys" idea, because it wouldn't. I honestly would have found fault with the scene no matter who the characters were because it left so many holes. Wasp was in the van and then suddenly made it all the way to the middle of the battle with no explanation. Several other characters were elsewhere as well and then showed up in a perfectly posed group for the "money shot". Lots of male dominated action movies use the same ploy and it bothers me there too. It's lazy movie making in my opinion, and the fact that they chose to be this lazy with a scene that they knew people would be scrutinizing says a lot about how little they cared about getting their representation of females correct. That bothers me, and I think accepting it as a valid way to do things means we will not move forward in the development of strong female characters who are not just there to satisfy the need for a "token" girl power scene. I think Captian Marvel did a lot, but this was a step backwards IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I think they cracked the door a bit with the alternate timeline he created when he left with the tesseract. That may be a later movie and/or spin-off of some sort in which there is a darker Loki only time line, or perhaps something the new Avengers have to fix.
    Good point!
    Last edited by reptilemom25; 05-01-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    1.0 bearded dragon Gimli

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    That Avengers scene felt like just a step up from the 60's. It would have been more powerful if it was executed to be more natural.
    I think that explains my feelings well, it just felt token and forced (like how all the 90s music in Captain Marvel was ONLY women 90s bands )

There already ARE amazing powerful women superheros in these Marvel movies, just treat them all the same, as amazing powerful people. Forcing the aspect feels dated and unnecessary.

Let's look at a non-forced scene - Black Widow's death. "Normally" it would be the man sacrificing to save a woman. They did the opposite, it was a touching, sad scene and didn't feel forced trying to 'change the narrative'.

Anyways, we all have our opinions.
    For the Horde!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

reptilemom25 (05-01-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    I think that explains my feelings well, it just felt token and forced (like how all the 90s music in Captain Marvel was ONLY women 90s bands )

There already ARE amazing powerful women superheros in these Marvel movies, just treat them all the same, as amazing powerful people. Forcing the aspect feels dated and unnecessary.

Let's look at a non-forced scene - Black Widow's death. "Normally" it would be the man sacrificing to save a woman. They did the opposite, it was a touching, sad scene and didn't feel forced trying to 'change the narrative'.

Anyways, we all have our opinions.
    ITA about the Black Widow scene. It was well done ,thoughtful film making.
    1.0 bearded dragon Gimli

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So the Russos confirms that Old Cap went back and created an alternate timeline with Peggy Carter. Then after she died he came back to the main timeline using the suit.

And supposedly that story (or part of it) will be told.

Also, I completely missing seeing Howard the Duck hop out of a portal in the first showing.
    - Mason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123