Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,118

0 members and 3,118 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing MBK

Thanks

Missing MBK

Alright guys.... here goes my first colubrid hunt and I gotta say I ain’t stoked cuz I have no idea where I’d find him since I understand him the least of all my noodles but my MBK went missing. If you’ve had your kingsnake or MBK specifically go missing where did you find him? He’s been gone anywhere from 3 days. Not sure. This room is definitely the warmest in the household though.
    Mommy of 14
    Catch the fam on insta: @noooodlefam

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    Sorry to hear it...how big is he??? I once had a very young albino Calif. king snake get loose...I found her within a day, she was inside a boot in my closet, in the
    same room her cage was in.

I'm hoping yours is bigger than mine was...but either way, they put us to shame playing "hide & seek". They don't tend to climb much though, so focus on
    things he can crawl into & under.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-27-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Missing MBK

hi friend! im so sorry to hear about a missing colubrid, as i felt the same when my corn escaped!

read through my post here on how i got my colubrid back. i really hope it helps!!!

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...s-worried-sick
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sorry to hear it...how big is he??? I once had a very young albino Calif. king snake get loose...I found her within a day, she was inside a boot in my closet, in the
    same room her cage was in.

I'm hoping yours is bigger than mine was...but either way, they put us to shame playing "hide & seek". They don't tend to climb much though, so focus on
    things he can crawl into & under.
    Hey there thanks for your prompt response I’ll start filtering through the tons of stuff ground level to start with but unfortunately he was my second smallest snake I’d say less than 100 grams.. like maybe 100.... he’s a small dude and a fast dude and I feel like I will find him but also don’t all at once cause he easily could have gone through the heating vents. So bummed right now
    Mommy of 14

Thanks
    Do you have any other pets in the house? Especially anything like a pet bird whose scent would attract him???

Loose snakes can & do crawl thru the bars of bird cages, which often doesn't end well.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-27-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks

Are MBKs good at sensing where the heat is? The rest of this huge house is absolutely not warm enough for the little guy. Gosh I’m worried. He’s the one I check on the least on purpose since he stresses so easy unlike my rest. So he had water for at least a week but I’m pretty positive 3 days ago is when I last saw him. Should probably worry less on here and get to more searching....
    Mommy of 14

Thanks

Siberian Husky.... not friendly to snakes until I introduced him to most. Never to my MBK didn’t wanna stress the already stress case of a snake more. He learned to be nice but unsupervised I would make no guarantees of a good ending if he came across them. This is the only benefit he has to his small size is I think he would easily have eluded my dog
    Mommy of 14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timeakinga View Post
    Hey there thanks for your prompt response I’ll start filtering through the tons of stuff ground level to start with but unfortunately he was my second smallest snake I’d say less than 100 grams.. like maybe 100.... he’s a small dude and a fast dude and I feel like I will find him but also don’t all at once cause he easily could have gone through the heating vents. So bummed right now
    I was afraid of that (that he's little). Remember how intimidated they are on the floor...they look for things to crawl into & avoid being out in the open. Before you
    start searching in a widening circle from the point of escape, I'd cover those heating vents with fabric (tacked up) so the air goes thru but hopefully not a snake. Check
    in & around & under all furniture...snakes go under couch cushions & into the back of dressers (underneath the drawers, or up inside), and any furniture with a faulty
    lining underneath is especially "welcoming" to a snake...box springs, upholstered chairs/couches. And of course, CLOSETS. Even behind books in bookshelves... You
    may want to seal off the room he escaped in, just in case he's still "local", & start search there. DON'T GIVE UP!

Thanks

Siberian Husky.... not friendly to snakes until I introduced him to most. Never to my MBK didn’t wanna stress the already stress case of a snake more. He learned to be nice but unsupervised I would make no guarantees of a good ending if he came across them. This is the only benefit he has to his small size is I think he would easily have eluded my dog
    If you don't have luck on your own, your dog can probably smell his scent...on leash of course, he may help you locate him, but be careful...

Thanks

Are MBKs good at sensing where the heat is? The rest of this huge house is absolutely not warm enough for the little guy. Gosh I’m worried. He’s the one I check on the least on purpose since he stresses so easy unlike my rest. So he had water for at least a week but I’m pretty positive 3 days ago is when I last saw him. Should probably worry less on here and get to more searching....
    If he ends up in a chilly room, he'll slow down & brumate someplace. No idea if he'll choose to stay in warmer room or not...& remember floors are cooler anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast