Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,956

4 members and 3,952 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Belly still pink

My adult male bp started going into shed about a week and a half ago. He had the infamous pink belly and I do mean pink. It was almost like someone took a pink sharpie to him! I've never seen a belly get that pink. Well I just left the snake room and he finally shed. 3 different pieces but it all came off so I'm calling that a win. But his belly has still got some random pink spots. No where near as much or as bright as it was when he went into shed. Just wondering if this was normal. I tried to take pictures of it but the camera wouldn't pick it up sorry!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts
    Not seeing so guessing in the dark here...but burns are pink too, you know. Any chance of that? what kind of heat do you use? how is it regulated?
    Really hoping that's not the case...

Thanks

Re: Belly still pink

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Not seeing so guessing in the dark here...but burns are pink too, you know. Any chance of that? what kind of heat do you use? how is it regulated?
    Really hoping that's not the case...
    Oh no that was the first thing I checked immediately!!! He's in a rack system with heat tape and a ve200 thermostat set at 90. The warm side is 88-89 degrees cool side 78-79. Humidity is 70 (I boosted it when he was in shed). The belly scales on the shed we're clear so the sharpie is out of the question lol. He's a normal BP and instead of goin the normal "dull" color while in blue he got dark. Almost black it was pretty weird. He eats great and is great being handled so I'm pretty sure he's a big healthy boy. Maybe it was just an intense shed?