Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,912

1 members and 2,911 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts

Re: So...I Had Eye Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Slight tangent ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A little late for a "warning"... Like the song, "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone..."
    The eyes have got to be the worst place for ink, & there's for sure some runner-ups...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-25-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

i hope you're recovering well!!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    I’m actually a surgical technologist. I don’t do eye surgeries but I do know people who have cataract surgeries feel and see amazing after! Once it heals you’re going to be so thankful and amazed at how well you can see.

Edit: Also don’t feel old! Cataracts can happen because of many reasons. It could be an inherited predisposition, some type of injury to your eye, and even some other conditions can increase risk. Such as diabetes.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 04-26-2019 at 12:27 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-26-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Get well soon
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i hope u bounce back quick!

until then, i will keep an eye out for u on the Anti-Thread Necro Patrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    LOL! You gonna flag yourself?
    i got one! https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...=1#post2693382

and another! https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...=1#post2693388
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

MasonC2K (05-08-2019),tttaylorrr (06-03-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Hope all goes well with you. My last eye appointment (about 6 months ago), I was told that I have the very beginning stage of cataracts. I am 48 and was told that nothing needed to be done at this time, but that will eventually change.
    I would put it off as long as possible (but not too long, they can get too large and be more difficult to remove.) I had it done in both eyes. I can recommend some things.
    1. Have them put the close vision lens or the more expensive ones that see both near and far. My doctor recommended the close but I went stupidly with far distance. That was a mistake. Try looking in a mirror and checking your eye for an eye lash or something in it, reading, etc. And far lens didn't work either so I am somewhere middle vision. The doc said it is hard to get the far lens placed just at the right depth or some excuse anyway.
    2. If you have lightning type flashes at the side of your eye after surgery get to the eye doc soon. You might need laser surgery to repair tears to the inside. I did in EACH eye and now because my surgery eye doc didn't even check me after surgery the next day the doc who filled in missed my having a small tear in the side of my left eye the small black dots got worse and floaters (which never leave) appeared along with the black dots.
    3. Cat. Surgery can bring on the hardening of the eye fluid and therefore tears. (They don't tell you that before.) So now I have a large floater from the tear (repaired by laser surgery) in my left eye that bothers my vision and my right eye is blurry because of a film that can get on the cataract lens that they have to buff away with laser. I've had each eye laser repaired and buffed once (4 laser surgeries total) and now the right needs buffing again. Once they hit it with laser you can see clearly the same day. It costs from 3 to 4 hundred to have them buffed. Buffing is not the medical terminology but is what I call it because the laser cleans the fluid of the lens. So get a doctor recommended by friends, family, etc. A doctor can make a BIG difference. My wife had a good one and no problems. I had a bad one and a LOT of problems.

I don't mean to scare anyone but hope to help some of you avoid the problems I have. Get a GOOD recommended doc. And go with lenses close sighted or the close/far type. And watch out for flashes and or spots.
    Last edited by ballpythonsrock2; 05-08-2019 at 05:09 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonsrock2 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-08-2019)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    I would put it off as long as possible (but not too long, they can get too large and be more difficult to remove.) I had it done in both eyes. I can recommend some things.
    1. Have them put the close vision lens or the more expensive ones that see both near and far. My doctor recommended the close but I went stupidly with far distance. That was a mistake. Try looking in a mirror and checking your eye for an eye lash or something in it, reading, etc. And far lens didn't work either so I am somewhere middle vision. The doc said it is hard to get the far lens placed just at the right depth or some excuse anyway.
    2. If you have lightning type flashes at the side of your eye after surgery get to the eye doc soon. You might need laser surgery to repair tears to the inside. I did in EACH eye and now because my surgery eye doc didn't even check me after surgery the next day the doc who filled in missed my having a small tear in the side of my left eye the small black dots got worse and floaters (which never leave) appeared along with the black dots.
    3. Cat. Surgery can bring on the hardening of the eye fluid and therefore tears. (They don't tell you that before.) So now I have a large floater from the tear (repaired by laser surgery) in my left eye that bothers my vision and my right eye is blurry because of a film that can get on the cataract lens that they have to buff away with laser. I've had each eye laser repaired and buffed once (4 laser surgeries total) and now the right needs buffing again. Once they hit it with laser you can see clearly the same day. It costs from 3 to 4 hundred to have them buffed. Buffing is not the medical terminology but is what I call it because the laser cleans the fluid of the lens. So get a doctor recommended by friends, family, etc. A doctor can make a BIG difference. My wife had a good one and no problems. I had a bad one and a LOT of problems.

I don't mean to scare anyone but hope to help some of you avoid the problems I have. Get a GOOD recommended doc. And go with lenses close sighted or the close/far type. And watch out for flashes and or spots.

Sounds like you had a bad ophthalmologist.
    - Mason

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    My father had to have two done. With the first he ignored the doctors orders and did a bunch of heavy lifting that caused a bunch of problems. So if anyone reading this gets one, please take things easy until you fully recover.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlazeMagic For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Slight tangent ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123