Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

1 members and 2,902 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Whistling while climbing?

This evening my new BP (had him for two weeks) was climbing around in his tank after I tried feeding him (he didn’t eat but that’s a whole other thread). As he was stretching out to reach top of tank I noticed he had a tiny whistle or at least I think it was coming from him. It wasn’t very frequent and o my heard it a few times. Then it stopped and I stood watching as he climbed around for 5 minutes and didn’t hear anything. any thoughts? Could it be RI? Don’t want to go through the stress of taking him to the vet if not necessary as I’ve been working hard on getting him de stressed enough to feel comfortable to eat.

thanks!

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Whistling while climbing?

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLee View Post
    This evening my new BP (had him for two weeks) was climbing around in his tank after I tried feeding him (he didn’t eat but that’s a whole other thread). As he was stretching out to reach top of tank I noticed he had a tiny whistle or at least I think it was coming from him. It wasn’t very frequent and o my heard it a few times. Then it stopped and I stood watching as he climbed around for 5 minutes and didn’t hear anything. any thoughts? Could it be RI? Don’t want to go through the stress of taking him to the vet if not necessary as I’ve been working hard on getting him de stressed enough to feel comfortable to eat.

thanks!
    I hear that all the time especially when they exert themselves or after they have gotten water in their nose from being in the bathtub. 2 of mine have had a sound since they were born. Could be the nasal canal design. It drives me nuts because of how often RI has been talked about. What I’ve come to realize (if you take care of your snakes husbandry and buy him from a reputable breeder) is that RI isn’t as common as everyone thinks. Its almost comparable to hearing about Bad people... Bad people are on the news, theyre talked about and used as examples of whats going on in the world.... well there are many more good people than bad, we just keep quiet living our lives so we arent on the front page... I think thats a good comparison to RI and some other illnesses.
    With that said, wheezing and bubbles/mucous from Nose/Mouth are what you want to watch for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (04-20-2019),Bogertophis (04-20-2019),EmiLee (04-20-2019),Sonny1318 (04-20-2019)