Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 949

0 members and 949 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Wink Re: Please Help, Me and My Baby Ball are Desperate

I feel ya there...I read and read and read some more before I bought mine three weeks ago and thought I knew what I was getting into...totally wrong! There is so much more to husbandry that I never even heard mentioned in all the stuff that I read. I'm so glad I found this forum! Everyone here so far has been super helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to indygunnerguy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-12-2019)

Registered User traveling_classicist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Please Help, Me and My Baby Ball are Desperate

Just to keep everyone updated, Pythia has now eaten for the third time all by herself. She seems to be doing great and I'm so appreciative of everyone's help on here!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to traveling_classicist For This Useful Post:

Bodie (05-15-2019),Bogertophis (05-15-2019),gunkle (05-15-2019),Lusiphera (05-15-2019),Maddlesrain (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by traveling_classicist View Post
    Just to keep everyone updated, Pythia has now eaten for the third time all by herself. She seems to be doing great and I'm so appreciative of everyone's help on here!
    Happy Dance! Way to go!

Thanks

Congratulation. Sounds like that noodle was lucky you found her. Good job!
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose

Thanks

I’m so glad your snake started eating!

I just wanted to add from your your original post you mentioned that the store refused to grant you access to the feeding logs. It is AGAINST policy NOT to share them. I also bought my snake from Petco and the first thing they did when I asked was pull out the feeding logs. They also were really helpful in getting my snake to eat because she refused for a few weeks and I was feeling super stressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maddlesrain For This Useful Post:

Bodie (05-15-2019),Bogertophis (05-15-2019)

Thanks

You'll have to share another picture here soon!

Thanks

I'm glad the petco you went to was so helpful. Mine is just trash unfortunately. I thought it was really strange that they wouldn't give them to me. They said that because the Petco logo was on the piece of paper, they couldn't let me have it. I thought that was nonsense and asked if I could take a photo for my own purposes. They also refused. I was only able to look at it while she was standing there with me and she got really impatient with me for taking so long. They gave me nothing but terrible advice and clearly their pet care manager knew absolutely nothing about taking care of snakes. I reported her to that Petco and to the regional hq about our situation and Pythia's condition when I got her. They never replied (I didn't really expect them to).

The only thing that matters is that Pythia is getting healthier and healthier by the day. She's been eating once a week like clock work since we tried live. She did get scratched by the hopper last week though. Just a little cut on her back. I'm keeping it clean and it looks as though it has scabbed over now. She's getting better at getting good holds on the hoppers. I think last week was just a fluke.

I weighed her for the first time since the vet visit a couple weeks ago. She weighs 100g! I know that's still way underweight but it just makes me happy that we're on the right track!

And I will try to post a photo as soon as I can! (At work right now)
    Last edited by traveling_classicist; 06-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traveling_classicist For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-12-2019),Craiga 01453 (06-12-2019),Toad37 (06-12-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    It's not about assisting it's about getting them back on track and this is what needs to be done to a T https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-hatchling-101

OP... Please take the above advice. In my opinion that 20L is waaaay to big for that snake and it doesn't feel secure. When they don't feel secure feeding is the first thing that goes. I know a ton of focus and comments have went into temps and thermostats which all need to be said but the FIRST thing I would do with that snake is put it in something a LOT smaller as far as the enclosure goes. The above advice is the best I have seen on this long thread.

I will give you an example:

I purchased a BEAUTIFUL sub-adult from an excellent breeder a while back.. He was used to being in a rack. I wanted to keep him in a rack but my son insisted on a larger tank to "show him off..." Like I expected, he food struck him for 3 weeks.. I cleared a rack space for him, gave him 3-4 days to settle in and dropped live prey in there and BANG... Have had no feeding issues since.

To close it out, get that snake out of that big tank and into something smaller and it should eat. Once the snake is on track you can always transition it back to a tank.

Good luck..

Thanks
    Moose84... thanks for the advice but my snake is already eating and it wasn't her tank that was the problem. She has more than enough places to hide and her tank is very cluttered and secure. I'm sorry that your son had an issue with a snake in a big tank but my snake is eating just fine now as my above posts say.

Thanks

Moose84... thanks for the advice but my snake is already eating and it wasn't her tank that was the problem. She has more than enough places to hide and her tank is very cluttered and secure. I'm sorry that your son had an issue with a snake in a big tank but my snake is eating just fine now as my above posts say.

Great..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast