Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,169

4 members and 3,165 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

What's going on here?

This

Turned into this

All the black on the body is gone. What is normally white blushing is yellow. The only white on this guy is on the belly.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: What's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    This

Turned into this

All the black on the body is gone. What is normally white blushing is yellow. The only white on this guy is on the belly.
    Interesting. What genes are at play? Looks like Enchi, Butter, GHI. Is there YB in there too?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-18-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Interesting. What genes are at play? Looks like Enchi, Butter, GHI. Is there YB in there too?
    Guessing cold, that is probably where I would have went, but mostly no. All this flipping snake should be is an Enchi Phantom. I have made a lot of enchi phantoms and nothing has had this coloration other than a sister/aunt that is a year older. I kept her back as well. She is an Enchi Phantom Pin but in that animal the effect was different because of the pinstripe. I don't know how to describe it other than she is a lot lighter than she should be and the pinstripe markings appear smeared. I thought she was a fluke or an incubator issue until this guy started to lighten just like she did.

This boy is line bred. The father was the son of the mother. She has produced 4 clutches for me with the last two beginning to show this trait. The male from the breeding that produced the girl last year was a full brother to the the one that produced this boy. The only thing I could think of was ghost but I have no experience with them and have only ever seen one in person. I even went back to the producers of my original stock and they told me they did not sell me anything that had ghost in it and all of those animals were just average in appearance. The Enchi mom is in fact quite bland.

Many of my other Enchi/Phontom combos have been showing relatively high yellows but other than the two animals mentioned have I had the black disappear.

So I am quite perplexed. I at this point believe I have what is most likely a recessive gene floating around but I have no idea what it is.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 04-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-18-2019),rlditmars (04-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

The Enchi Phantom Pin will wipe out a bit of the pattern with nothing else there. However, the brightness of the snake in question looks like almost the same result as Enchi Phantom Orange Dream. If you know the lines the Sire or Dame came from, any chance they are carrying OD? Any chance they are het Hypo so intermittently throwing the gene? That definitely would brighten things up, especially with Enchi and a BEL complex in play. If you get a chance, pair something back to a visual Hypo and see if anything comes of it. Beyond that, looks like some dinkering in the future. Best of luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-18-2019)

Thanks

I'm going to do some more research on the OD thing. I think I would have seen it in the originators of the line which were the worlds ugliest enchi (she has good pattern though which is why she got bred) and a phantom pin. I'm going to try to do some kind of picture chronology and maybe someone can pick something out that I am missing.

The guy I got the enchi from (she was 3 when I got her) was working some line of ghost but he swears that there is no way the animal I got from him had the gene.

Here is one of the related boys. Very bright and stayed very bright but kept the black. He is going to be a daddy this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Looks like a very bright super enchi

https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/kaos-balls/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Fishinglink (04-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    is this the pos Ghost BP's u mentioned in the other thread? i wouldn't say it lost it's blacks b/c it wasn't black originally, more like a deep dark maroon IMO. and by blushing, u mean the flames right? those are normally white?

anyways the 1st pix is it's hatchling colors and looks pre-1st shed. we always expect some change post shed and more as they pack on the grams. doesn't exactly look Ghost to me (check shed), but your Enchi Phantom's current looks to me actually looks kinda Sunset. IMO i think it's your line breeding that produced this. the reduction of pattern on this snake is amazing and i think the breeding also did wonders on the colors. that's the safe bet and now to give the line a name.

Edit: also i recall u mentioning that u are color blind. what colors do u not see or not see correctly? i'm sorry if i'm wrong butt i do totally mean to be offensive.
    Last edited by Ax01; 04-18-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-26-2019)

Thanks

Are you sure there isn't any yb at play or fire ?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stoaob3 View Post
    Are you sure there isn't any yb at play or fire ?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    This is line as it is in my collection...

Grandmother/Mother (Enchi)

Grandfather (Phantom Pin)

Father (Enchi Phantom)

Crappy pics but no YB or fire that I can see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    is this the pos Ghost BP's u mentioned in the other thread? i wouldn't say it lost it's blacks b/c it wasn't black originally, more like a deep dark maroon IMO. and by blushing, u mean the flames right? those are normally white?

anyways the 1st pix is it's hatchling colors and looks pre-1st shed. we always expect some change post shed and more as they pack on the grams. doesn't exactly look Ghost to me (check shed), but your Enchi Phantom's current looks to me actually looks kinda Sunset. IMO i think it's your line breeding that produced this. the reduction of pattern on this snake is amazing and i think the breeding also did wonders on the colors. that's the safe bet and now to give the line a name.

Edit: also i recall u mentioning that u are color blind. what colors do u not see or not see correctly? i'm sorry if i'm wrong butt i do totally mean to be offensive.
    I have issues with blues and greens.