Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,774

3 members and 2,771 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Custom Cages

Thanks

Custom Cages

Has anyone ordered from Custom Cages? Was their shipping super slow? I ordered a single V-70 tub last Thursday, just got an email saying that it was ready to ship and would arrive Friday. I paid an extra $15 for “rush shipping.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    That sounds like average 'rush' shipping to me. Keep in mind, this isn't Amazon with fulfillment centers all over the country and an army of underpaid staff. This is a small manufacturer with a small number of employees and limited capacity to receive, inventory, pack and ship merchandise to their customers.

For what it's worth I have had nothing but absolutely incredible experiences working with their customer service, before and after Vision's acquisition by custom cages. I use their enclosures for my snakes and all of my tortoises, and any time I need parts or accessories I can get them easily and in a timely manner. Not to mention if you ever have a problem with an order from them Stacy will get it squared away ASAP!

Thanks

Re: Custom Cages

Quote Originally Posted by -ryan- View Post
    That sounds like average 'rush' shipping to me. Keep in mind, this isn't Amazon with fulfillment centers all over the country and an army of underpaid staff. This is a small manufacturer with a small number of employees and limited capacity to receive, inventory, pack and ship merchandise to their customers.

For what it's worth I have had nothing but absolutely incredible experiences working with their customer service, before and after Vision's acquisition by custom cages. I use their enclosures for my snakes and all of my tortoises, and any time I need parts or accessories I can get them easily and in a timely manner. Not to mention if you ever have a problem with an order from them Stacy will get it squared away ASAP!
    True, I have probably been spoiled by amazon where things arrive in a day or two. Wasn’t trying to bash them. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a bad experience with anyone in the herp industry!

Thanks

Re: Custom Cages

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    True, I have probably been spoiled by amazon where things arrive in a day or two. Wasn’t trying to bash them. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a bad experience with anyone in the herp industry!

We've all been spoiled by Amazon! But I did find fairly recently that I was overpaying for several things I regularly purchased from Amazon and have switched to smaller independent vendors who are more competitively priced. It's funny how we start to assume that just because Amazon is selling something it is the best price. Often it is, but not always!

I too have had great experiences with almost everyone I've dealt with in this industry.