Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,102

0 members and 3,102 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Help

Thanks

Help

I have no idea where to post this but because it could be a husbandry issue I came here. This is Murphy, I got him maybe two weeks ago and at first I thought he might have mites (so I'm currently treating him for them hence the tank layout) but I have yet to see any, hes not soaking either. Hes also rejected food once but took a size down and now wont eat at all, I even tried putting used bedding in a container in with him so he could smell food the whole time, he would strike and strangle then leave it. Anyway here are some photos. I feel like the three darker spots are damaged scales but I'd like to know what the other spots are.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Help

He's very beautiful!
    I wouldn't know how to answer you on what you're asking so somebody else will come along shortly that may can assist.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

cuddlykhajiit (04-16-2019)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Either he has dirt under the scales or he had a not perfect shed the last go around. In either case make sure your humidity is good and everything should sort itself out on the next shed. Many males do not eat on a schedule that we would like them to and at this time a year many males at 500 gram mark or more will go off food for a few months.

Getting a white snake when your are new to the hobby can be a blessing or a curse. They show everything which means you can see things on them that you cannot on a normally pigmented animal. You are going to see things like you are seeing. You will see the brightness change over the shed cycle and time of year. They can go from bright white to dingy and it is normal. You can also see all the poop on them when they play with it. I produce between 30 and 50 white snakes a year so I have seen just about everything they will throw at you. They are still my favorites.

Keep the handling down for a couple weeks and let him get used to his new environment and the eating will come in time. Make sure you check out the ball python care sheet in the care sheet section of the forum.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 04-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-16-2019),cuddlykhajiit (04-16-2019),L.West (04-17-2019),TechnoCheese (04-16-2019),tttaylorrr (04-17-2019)

Thanks

Do you know how much he weighs he looks pretty young

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Do you know how much he weighs he looks pretty young

Hes only 7 months old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Either he has dirt under the scales or he had a not perfect shed the last go around. In either case make sure your humidity is good and everything should sort itself out on the next shed. Many males do not eat on a schedule that we would like them to and at this time a year many males at 500 gram mark or more will go off food for a few months.

Getting a white snake when your are new to the hobby can be a blessing or a curse. They show everything which means you can see things on them that you cannot on a normally pigmented animal. You are going to see things like you are seeing. You will see the brightness change over the shed cycle and time of year. They can go from bright white to dingy and it is normal. You can also see all the poop on them when they play with it. I produce between 30 and 50 white snakes a year so I have seen just about everything they will throw at you. They are still my favorites.

Keep the handling down for a couple weeks and let him get used to his new environment and the eating will come in time. Make sure you check out the ball python care sheet in the care sheet section of the forum.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.
    Thank you, I messaged the person who sold him to me and he said pretty much the same thing so weee lol. This was really helpful though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlykhajiit For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-17-2019)