Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,906

1 members and 2,905 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

AP T10 Build for BP (Pic Heavy)

My first ever AP cage, a custom T10, arrived in March, on the day of the bomb cyclone hilariously enough. I found the care pieces themselves to be quite well wrapped- lots of Styrofoam between each piece, padding on the corners, and lots and lots of plactic wrap- and the FedEx guys must have taken good care of it as well, as there were no scratched or broken pieces.

I got really, really excited about all the nice holes and channels AP had cut for my LED and RHP cords. The plug part of the RHP is actually seperated from the cord itself so that you can feed it out of your cage- you apparently have to flip a latch, open it up, clamp the cord under the prongs inside, and re-latch it (thank you, YouTube!).

Every piece is labeled, and every label includes directional arrows, so putting the cage together was a snap. It probably took me longer to vacuum up the Styrofoam than it did to put all the screws in! They also included enough Lexel for probably 5 cages. Once it was sealed, the heater was plugged in to off-gas, and everything sat for a week.

I took a page out of Gio's book and ordered a Moonlight LED from LightYourReptiles, so that I can feed and observe Horatio at night without having a bunch of lights on. My inner child got a big kick out of the labels, and the free gift is a purple pen that also doubles as a flashlight! It actually came in very handy when I was drilling holes for cords. The suction cups come out of the brackets, and since I was unable to find better ones, they're secured to the ceiling with 3/4 inch stainless steel screws. I did have to Dremel for a while to make a hole big enough for the USB end to fit through, but I simply drilled a couple holes, and then sanded out the excess with my Dremel's sanding attatchments.

Drilled and Dremeled a nice, round hole in the back wall of the cage to feed my thermostat probe through (I'm actually absurdly proud of it). The probe cord is secured to the back wall with 1/8 inch cable clamps, which also worked for securing the Moonlight light cord to the cage ceiling. These were secured with 1/2 inch stainless steel screws.

I purchased new wireless thermometer probes, and a new display that will keep track of up to three areas, so that I can keep an eye on the ambient temperatures for both the warm and cool sides.

After a couple of days of stressing out, Horatio has settled in quite nicely. He's been in for a little over 3 weeks now, thermoregulates as needed, and has happily eaten for me once. He also enjoy knocking his taller plant over every. Single. Night. I just obtained a nice new job (wooo!), and plan to purchase a few larger branches, and possibly some artificial foliage to fill the space a bit better. The space under the cage is also in need of more bins to help keep everything neat.

Hopefully someone here finds this helpful! It was definitely fun for me to put together, especially with the weather being so crappy.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pengil; 04-13-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow Emperor Pin BP- Horatio
    0.1 Hypo Black Pewter Butter- Gin & Tonic (Ginny)
    1.0 Piebald Cat- Percival Henry

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pengil For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (04-13-2019),jmcrook (04-13-2019),pretends2bnormal (04-13-2019)