Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 892

0 members and 892 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

CPVC fogger flute system

I have issues with humidity, like it goes down to 20% 2 hours after misting. So I got a reptifogger, didn't get the mistking like I wanted due to the price( but with the time, work, and money I've put into this, I should have) my first problem was that the fog comes out of one tube and just soaks the area its above, so that didn't work. I got some pvc and set it up so it would come out of 2 places, but that just soaked 2 places. Then I had to get a timer because running it all the time will soak everything and break the machine. The timer I got had a minimum of 30min increments of on/off time. That was too long. Now I have smaller chemical free, drinking water safe cpvc pipes cut and fitted to the top on the tank, I drilled small holes along the pipes so that the fog is evenly distributed around the tank and I got a better timer that I can set to as low as 1min every 3 hours (right now i have it at 15min every 3 hours) now my only issue is that the fog creates water droplets on the inside of the pipes and they block some of the holes. Does anyone know of a way to keep this from happening?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: CPVC fogger flute system

The very second I mention having a reptifogger, I got slammed. And I have humidity problems too. But for one reason, or another, everyone decided to slam me for it. Whether it was true, or just to make themselves feel better about themselves. So, I quit using tanks. Switched to racks. Use forest floor bedding. Put the water bowl on top of the heat tape next to the hide. I started out having problems with humidity getting too high. But, made some adjustments, now it stays good. Around 60-65%, and 70-75% when in shed.
    Last edited by Samurai; 04-14-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    0.1 Lemon Blast (CV Exotics)
    1.0 Pastel Blade Clown (E-Squared Reptiles)
    1.0 Pastel 100% het G-Stripe (HB Reptiles)
    0.1 Pastel 100% het G-Stripe (HB Reptiles)
    1.0 Normal 66% het Orange Ghost (HB Reptiles)
    0.1 Spider 66% het Orange Ghost (HB Reptiles)
    1.0 Enchi (Local)
    1.0 Mojave Spider (HB Reptiles)
    0.1 Mojave Spider (HB Reptiles)
    0.1 Pewter 100% het G-Stripe (HB Reptiles)
    0.1 Pastel (HB Reptiles)
    1.0 Black Pastel 100% het Ghost (Peterson Reptiles)
    0.1 Pastel Clown (ML Exotics)
    0.1 Spinner 100% het G-Stripe (REK Reptiles)
    1.0 Spider 66% het Clown 50% het Albino (HB Reptiles)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkelleher View Post
    I have issues with humidity, like it goes down to 20% 2 hours after misting. So I got a reptifogger, didn't get the mistking like I wanted due to the price( but with the time, work, and money I've put into this, I should have) my first problem was that the fog comes out of one tube and just soaks the area its above, so that didn't work. I got some pvc and set it up so it would come out of 2 places, but that just soaked 2 places. Then I had to get a timer because running it all the time will soak everything and break the machine. The timer I got had a minimum of 30min increments of on/off time. That was too long. Now I have smaller chemical free, drinking water safe cpvc pipes cut and fitted to the top on the tank, I drilled small holes along the pipes so that the fog is evenly distributed around the tank and I got a better timer that I can set to as low as 1min every 3 hours (right now i have it at 15min every 3 hours) now my only issue is that the fog creates water droplets on the inside of the pipes and they block some of the holes. Does anyone know of a way to keep this from happening?
    my best guess would be 1) constant air flow or 2) bigger holes so that droplets do not block em.

also u should make a DIY of your rig. i saw the pix. it looks so kool!

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    The very second I mention having a reptifogger, I got slammed. And I have humidity problems too. But for one reason, or another, everyone decided to slam me for it. Whether it was true, or just to make themselves feel better about themselves. So, I quit using tanks. Switched to racks. Use forest floor bedding. Put the water bowl on top of the heat tape next to the hide. I started out having problems with humidity getting too high. But, made some adjustments, now it stays good. Around 60-65%, and 70-75% when in shed.
    u got slammed by some peeps on the forum? if so, shame on them! we're better than that, we should be troubleshooting your issue and trying to figure out what's best. racks and tubs are recommended and favored by many b/c they are easy to achieve ideal husbandry. however many, many keepers also prefer a more display or roomier setup like a tank or plastic enclosure. that's great too. to each their own and that's fine as long as u could provide for your snake.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Thanks! I will, I just need to get some more cpvc

Thanks

It may be too late since you have everything cut, but if you decrease the pipe's circumference down from the circumference of the outlet (for example 3/8" at the machine opening down to 1/4" pipe around the tank) it will inherently increase the pressure in which the fog exits the pipes. Maybe the extra pressure would be enough to keep the holes clear? IDK anything about these things, I am merely just brainstorming so I apologize if this is not a viable option with these fogger systems.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to indygunnerguy For This Useful Post:

Mkelleher (04-25-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indygunnerguy View Post
    It may be too late since you have everything cut, but if you decrease the pipe's circumference down from the circumference of the outlet (for example 3/8" at the machine opening down to 1/4" pipe around the tank) it will inherently increase the pressure in which the fog exits the pipes. Maybe the extra pressure would be enough to keep the holes clear? IDK anything about these things, I am merely just brainstorming so I apologize if this is not a viable option with these fogger systems.
    No need to apologize, IDK very much about these things either haha. Brainstorming is exactly what I was hoping for, so thanks. I might try that on the next one I make.

Thanks

No need to apologize, IDK very much about these things either haha. Brainstorming is exactly what I was hoping for, so thanks. I might try that on the next one I make.

Yw!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk