Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,024

2 members and 3,022 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: This is way cool... Rainbow supperstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Education? Well when others were watching cartoons at age 5 I wanted to watch things like Jacques Cousteau and National Geographic... this was the start of my love for animals and I read every book I could on animals for years..... When I first went to collage I was working on a biology degree. After 3 years I had some life things happens and redirected my life and went in the military. There I got a degree in Biomedical Engineering. Love what I do. I also have a second degree in Phycology. All through the years studying and working with any animal I could have an experience with. My life has been studying animals around me. I love snakes and that is why I chose to work with them. Reading and working with them are 2 completely different things. I grabbed several species to learn the differences hands on and how to provide for them and I spend hours studying their behavior and thought processes. Think of this as a hands on school for me. I know the respect then deserve. I know body language. I love how they problem solve. I enjoy helping others improve their care. I only hope that I help others make wiser decisions. I even have it in my will what happens to them if something happens to me.

I appreciate the advice. I also know what works for me and my animals. I blend the 2.

I even have a theory about ball pythons. Mine do better in the active part of the house. They eat better when I handle them more. Are mine unique? This is not recommended because they are shy? But works for me and my animals.

Also a theory about retic temps..... Rainbow has a range of 70 all the way up to 89. Her cage is huge and she moves and uses each temp zone at different times. Some say 70 is to cool but she loves it but also loves the 80 spot. just depends on what she wants to do.
    Great,

However, in the beginning the posts you made here didn't reflect that you had much knowledge about reptiles. That's fine we all start somewhere. It was pointed out by another member that you didn't know what a Urate was just last year. I wasn't inferring that you were uneducated, just that you have 1 year of experience with large snakes.

I'd be surprised if folks here didn't watch nature shows, the board is full of animal lovers.
    I'm happy you are enjoying this.

I'm just trying to help you out a bit. There is a reason you are getting comments like many of the above in regard to some of your posts.

A few people have made valid points.

Take it for what it's worth.

I wish you good luck.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Alicia (04-08-2019),Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I think I am going to step back from the forum. I think fighting to show people anything they can not see is silly. I respect everyone who posts their opinions. Weather I agree with them or not it is respected. I just don't think I am communicating well. I don't understand that being passionate about something means I am egotistical by any means. Am I suppose to not enjoy working with them and still do it? No.

I hope life treats everyone here well.

Peace.
    Unfortunately, this exactly the selfish, ignorant, immature response I feared. Rather than taking the advice of people who've been in this hobby for decades, you'd rather take your ball and go home (no pun intended).
    So, clearly, if you're continuing to do this your way, it's not truly about the animals. If it were, you'd be more receptive to advice.
    You can be passionate and enjoy the hobby while still doing it responsibly. You just choose not to.

I wish you the best. Hopefully your ignorance doesn't get somebody or any animals hurt.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),ladywhipple02 (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019),Shayne (04-08-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    It was pointed out by another member that you didn't know what a Urate was just last year.
    Exactly!!!! Yet somehow OP was qualified to do "educational" shows just months later. I'm sorry, but knowing what a urate is would be covered in 'Snakes 101". So all those years of nature shows and reading clearly didn't help.
    Ignorance is bliss...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),Gio (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019)

Thanks

I think I am going to step back from the forum. I think fighting to show people anything they can not see is silly. I respect everyone who posts their opinions. Weather I agree with them or not it is respected. I just don't think I am communicating well. I don't understand that being passionate about something means I am egotistical by any means. Am I suppose to not enjoy working with them and still do it? No.

I hope life treats everyone here well.

Peace.

Here's something I've had to learn the hard way, because as my husband is fond of reminding me, I also tend to have a bad habit of thinking I'm always right: if I'm fighting against everyone else in a room, it's typically not everyone else in the room that needs to go take a look in the mirror, but myself who needs to. Step back and check your premises.

How can we here not think you're just the slightest bit egotistical (your word, btw) when you won't simply LISTEN to anyone else?? When you believe you are completely right and we - ALL of us - are wrong?

I'm sorry, but if you're going to continue to give out misinformation and bad advice and be so hard headed, I can't think it's a bad thing for you to take a break from the forums. I'd rather the more knowledgeable, experienced folks be heard and give advice that can be trusted.

Unfortunately, I believe this is also a cry for attention sooo, we'll see.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Alicia (04-08-2019),Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (04-08-2019),Gio (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019),TechnoCheese (04-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Here's something I've had to learn the hard way, because as my husband is fond of reminding me, I also tend to have a bad habit of thinking I'm always right: if I'm fighting against everyone else in a room, it's typically not everyone else in the room that needs to go take a look in the mirror, but myself who needs to. Step back and check your premises.

How can we here not think you're just the slightest bit egotistical (your word, btw) when you won't simply LISTEN to anyone else?? When you believe you are completely right and we - ALL of us - are wrong?

I'm sorry, but if you're going to continue to give out misinformation and bad advice and be so hard headed, I can't think it's a bad thing for you to take a break from the forums. I'd rather the more knowledgeable, experienced folks be heard and give advice that can be trusted.

Unfortunately, I believe this is also a cry for attention sooo, we'll see.
    Ladywhipple02,
    Has been a member since 2005!

It might be worth listening to her. You typically don't get a long time member to pipe up and comment in an area they don't usually post unless you are raising flags. She's seen more come and go here than a lot of us.

There isn't anymore I can add.

Hopefully everything turns out for the best.
    Last edited by Gio; 04-08-2019 at 01:27 PM.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Alicia (04-08-2019),Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),ladywhipple02 (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Sorry everyone is offended by my efforts to provide proper care, educate others, and share my mistakes along the way. Please move on to bash someone else. I am out of here. Peace.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You seriously missed the whole point.

By the way I never bashed you. I only gave you a bit of constructive advice. I was always respectful and positive.

Take care.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (04-08-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Ladywhipple02,
    Has been a member since 2005!

It might be worth listening to her. You typically don't get a long time member to pipe up and comment in an area they don't usually post unless you are raising flags. She's seen more come and go here than a lot of us.

There isn't anymore I can add.

Hopefully everything turns out for the best.

This a bit of a turn, but did you know that I have been on this forum since I was 20 years old? Still in college and dumb as a box of rocks (though sometimes I don't feel much smarter at 35 either lol). You're right though, if I had a dollar for every person I've seen come and go on this forum, I could probably retire early. It's amazing the advice I was given when I first started vs. what we've learned and know now. There have been stretches where I don't visit for a long time and then I come back - and I have to relearn new techniques all over again because our hobby only continues to get wiser about how to care appropriately for these animals we love.

I rarely post as I prefer to sit back and observe and learn, but I will speak up when I feel a situation is out of hand. I love this forum, I love the people here, and I don't want to be seen as a bully to anyone. I've seen other sites like this disappear due to lack of interest or due to lack of information. I do not want to see that happen to this site that has been so valuable to me and others over the years.
    Last edited by ladywhipple02; 04-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (04-08-2019),dr del (04-18-2019),Gio (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, Feel Good
    Sha, sha ba da, sha ba da, Feel Good
    (Change) Sha, sha (Change) ba da (Change), sha ba da (Change)
    (Change) Sha, sha (Change) ba da (Change), sha ba da (Change)
    City's breaking down on a camel's back
    They just have to go 'cause they don't know whack
    So while you fill the streets, it's appealing to see
    You won't get undercounted 'cause you're damned and free
    You got a new horizon, it's ephemeral style
    A melancholy town where we never smile
    And all I wanna hear is the message beep
    My dreams, they got her kissing, 'cause I don't get sleep, no
    Windmill, windmill for the land
    Turn forever hand in hand
    Take it all in on your stride
    It is ticking, falling down
    Love forever, love has freely
    Turned forever you and me
    Is everybody in?
    Laughin' gas these hazmats, fast cats
    Linin' 'em up like ass cracks
    Play these ponies at the track
    It's my chocolate attack
    , I'm steppin' in the heart of this here (yeah)
    Care Bear rappin' in harder this year (yeah)
    Watch me as I gravitate, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
    Yo, we gon' ghost town this Motown
    With yo' sound, you in the blink
    Gon' bite the dust, can't fight with us
    With yo' sound, you kill the Inc.
    So don't stop, get it, get it (get it)
    Until you're cheddar head
    And watch the way I navigate, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha (Ha! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha)
    Turn forever hand in hand
    Take it all in on your stride
    It is ticking, falling down
    Love forever, love has freely
    Turned forever you and me
    Is everybody in?
    Don't stop, get it, get it
    Peep how your captain's in it
    Steady, watch me navigate, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
    Don't stop, get it, get it
    Peep how your captain's in it
    Steady, watch me navigate, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-08-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: TOS Violation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

So rather than have a constructive dialogue and be receptive to the advice of others, you're just going to post song lyrics and not engage in any meaningful way? Nice.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-08-2019),Bogertophis (04-08-2019),Craiga 01453 (04-08-2019),Gio (04-08-2019),jmcrook (04-10-2019),Kira (04-08-2019),MissterDog (04-08-2019),TechnoCheese (04-08-2019)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast