Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,396

1 members and 2,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: What's your favourite music genre?

Quote Originally Posted by JRLongton View Post
    I enjoy all genres of music; thrash, death, doom, speed, progressive, industrial, grunge, etc. as long as it's metal! \m/ \m/

Next month will be big for me. On the 16th I'm seeing an all time favorite, Judas Priest, and the week after on the 25th it'll be Slayer on their extended and seemingly-never-ending "farewell tour". In August I'm seeing Iron Maiden and I just got tickets to see Ghost in October.

Play it loud!
    Sounds like our sails are cut from the same cloth, JRLongton! I'm seeing my all time favorite band, Slayer (Cannibal Corpse as an opener! Hell yes!), on May 2 and on September 17, I'll be seeing Iron Maiden again. Priest's current tour isn't coming through my area, but I've seen them many times before with my late buddy, Todd. Priest was his absolute favorite band and just about every amazing memory I have of him has Priest as a soundtrack (PAINKILLER!). I've been able to see Ghost six times over the last 3 or 4 years. I was even lucky enough to attend an in-store, acoustic performance by them in Phoenix a few years back. I even got to meet Papa and a few Ghouls after their set. I saw Ghost in Tucson last year and I can't wait to see them again.

As a side note, I was also lucky enough to see Jeff Hanneman's last performance with Slayer at the Big 4 show in Indio, California back in 2011. Of course, we didn't know then that it would be his last time on stage. We all knew Jeff was recovering and we didn't expect him to play that day, and Gary Holt was a killer fill-in, but I remember him walking on stage for a few songs and it felt so f--king right! That day was a blast!

Take care, and play it LOUD!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Huge props for putting Andy Wood on that list. Mother Love Bone came before any of the others. It's too bad they were only able to release one album. But that album is amazing start to finish.
    It's so interesting to listen to MLB and hear how the bands that followed have snippets of their sound. It doesn't seem there was ever a musical movement before or after where everyone and every sound was so interwoven. It was like listening to a ten year long jam fest of Seattle musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    For sure high praise for AIC !
    Layne one of a kind voice. GREAT harmonies with Jerry. Love them ! Chris Cornell another one of a kind.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    The harmonies just went places you couldn't expect and their voices are so well blended, that sometimes it's difficult to stay with just one voice trying to sing the song. If you want to hear Chris Cornell's voice at it's finest, listen to his version of "Nothing Compares to You" that he did for Sirius radio.

BTW, my youngest daughter, born in 97, her name is Allison Layne. It beat out Allison Shane as the second choice but my wife and I were staying with a theme of initials for our 3 girls. All are named something that is A & L, Amanda Lynn, Ashley Lauren, Allison Layne. And for you Y&R fans from the 90's, yes the middle girl is named after Ashley Abbot and Lauren Fenmore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-05-2019)

Thanks

Pretty much all, except maybe pop and death metal It seems like quite a bit of you like rock, so I just wanna recommend Black Pistol Fire, Alabama Shakes, and KALEO, since these guys and gals are amazing at what they do, both in the studio and live!

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12