Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,746

5 members and 3,741 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: morph

Thanks

morph

Why are the morphs so expensive ? I have seen some in 125k that is more than a house. Does any one gonna buy a snake at that high price? And people like me that don't have to much money, how can we have those cool snakes? Why do other snake morphs and venemous snakes are more cheaper than BP morphs?

Thanks

Re: morph

Low supply + high demand.. like anything else.

The $100k+ are usually one of a kind at that point. If someone has the money to buy it, they can do that and breed it and sell the offspring at a profit.

Also like anything else, as supply goes up, demand, and therefore prices go down. Ball pythons are slow reproducers, so they've kept the value higher longer, but at some point the morphs will be affordable (older ones like albino and pastel will go down sooner)

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

soon like in 10 years:'(

Thanks

You can buy hets cheaper and breed your own if you like.

April

Thanks

yeah I know and im thinking about ding that in the future but the thing that bother me is that I saw hot very sheep and in my opinion that and the big snakes have to be in very high price because they are more dangerus that BPs

Thanks

IMO Price shouldn't have anything to do with the danger of the snake. (the laws of business wouldn't work that way anyway) It's a person's responsibility to educate themselves on the animal they wish to buy, and sellers should make an effort to educate their customers as well.

The majority of hot and big snake keepers are responsible.. just that the news makes sure you hear of the few that aren't!

April

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basuca
    Why are the morphs so expensive ?
    Because they are very rare and EVERYBODY (so it seems) wants them. The higher the demand and the lower the supply, the higher the price ... this is the most basic of economic principles.

I have seen some in 125k
    Yuppers ... and even higher.

Does any one gonna buy a snake at that high price?
    Absolutely. You would not believe the INSANE amounts of money that are spent on single snakes each year.

And people like me that don't have to much money, how can we have those cool snakes?
    Time. Start with hets or possible hets and work your way up. Breed, sell, re-invest .... worked for me.

Why do other snake morphs and venemous snakes are more cheaper than BP morphs?
    Because other snake morphs are in HUGE supply ... there are tens of thousands of albino burms in the world and very few albino ball pythons comparatively. Also, the demand for snakes that can get 12+ feet and for venomous animals that can KILL you isn't even a fraction of the demand for ball pythons.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    .... worked for me.
    I will love to work for you, wen can I start

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I like to think of high prices as the fuel that drives the engine to produce more morphs.

It will take a lot of work to produce enough of the highly demanded ball python morphs to go around at a more widely affordable price. The higher the price now the more breeders are willing to dedicate resources (like female balls, extra feeders, cage space, state of the art breeding facilities, time and sweat) and stay awake at night thinking of new and better ways to produce. The high prices optimize production. If the morphs started out at much lower prices people wouldn't work as hard and quick to produce them. Some might end up in non breeding collections or with less experienced breeders. The high prices do an excellent job of getting the new morphs to the most experienced breeders and insuring they pull out all the stops to find the best way to produce as quickly as possible.

It's a well know economic phenomena that high prices stimulate production and low prices suppress it. When the government used to artificially inflate the price of a commodity with price supports the producers would find ways to produce more. When external competition caused the price of a commodity to drop resources would be shifted and domestic production would decrease.