Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,827

1 members and 2,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Hobbies/Passions Other than Reptiles - Who are you other than a herp lover?

BUMP

Also - I can now add riding a motorcycle to my list of hobbies! Yes, I got my license and got a bike. Yes, is Katie cool with it and actually encouraged me to do it.
    Last edited by dakski; 04-13-2019 at 10:05 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Dianne (04-15-2019),fadingdaylight (04-14-2019),gunkle (04-14-2019)

Thanks
    Nice to see some shooters on the forum. I spent a few years as a licensed firearms dealer with an inventory of a few thousand firearms and many millions of rounds of ammunition (it was both a retail and wholesale operation with two storefronts and a big warehouse). I miss the business. Now I just own maybe 6 long guns and my three favorite handguns, and I unfortunately shoot next to never.

I'm now a full-time musician/private music teacher, but I guess that counts as a hobby too.

Also enjoy camping, hiking and canoeing, smoking cheap tobacco in expensive pipes and finance.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -ryan- For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-13-2019),Dianne (04-15-2019),distaff (04-14-2019),Pengil (04-13-2019)

Thanks
    Interesting thread! Very diverse interests!

1. Toys! I work for LEGO as a concept designer here in Denmark and have spent the last decade as a toy designer/inventor both in US and UK.

2. If fitness counts as a hobby, I cycle and swim a lot. At least four times a week.

3. Cars. Specifically Minis. I currently have a 40 year old vintage Mini that breaks down fairly often.

4. Guitars. I’m very bad!

5. I keep dart frogs, an oscar, giant African land snails, cherry shrimp, and a cat.
    0.1 Lesser Het Pied
    0.1 Leopard Pastel Het Pied
    1.0 CG/Banana Enchi Mojave
    1.0 Spotnose Pastel Leopard Het ghost ph. pied

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paddy For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-14-2019),Dianne (04-15-2019),Pengil (04-14-2019)

Thanks
    Hobbies include:
    • I'm a Dad. (my number one passion)
    • Building and flying battery and nitro powered RC airplanes and Helicopters. My daughters like to join me sometimes and even have a plane of there own to fly.
    • 3D Printing. I have a Prusa MK3 printer and am slowly learning a 3D CAD program called Fusion360 which is a very robust program with a free license for hobbyists and small business. Mostly I download others work and tweak it to what I need right now. Have printed a few RC planes that I have purchased the files for with mixed results. Problems were most likely on my end not the files.
    • Girl Scouts. I am a leader for my oldest daughters troop (yes I am a Male girl scout leader). I was very nervous to take it on at first but I have been doing it as the leader for 3 years and I was a co-leader for 2 before that. The girls keep asking me to come back the next year as leader so I'm doing something right. I figure as long as my daughter wants me around I will take what I can. She's creeping up on being a teenager soon.... . I also have a great support team of parents that make it so much easier to accomplish everything. The girls like camping and hiking and outdoor stuff. We are working on building Bat houses at the moment.
    • Projects. I'm not a big fan of tv so I keep myself busy with projects, from building planes to snake enclosures to designing and building a custom loft bed for my daughter in the garage without her knowing. I include researching things like reptiles as part of my projects.
    • Science. I'm a big fan of all things science. And a huge fan of NASA and SpaceX. I got the chance to go to Kennedy Space Center about 18 months ago and i was overwhelmed by the Saturn V they have on display. It was a very emotional experience to finally be standing there. Nothing prepared me for it. If I watch TV (without the wife as she doesn't have my passion for this) its only History or Science related.
    • I have a motorcycle and my older daughter loves going for rides. My younger is still afraid of it so I am not pushing her, when she is ready she will be ready. I put a truck with a backrest and arm rests on for my piece of mind while she is on it. My Wife loves to go for rides but that doesn't happen much as we can't leave the kids home alone quite yet.
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Pastel Lesser Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel Bamboo Ball Python
    0.0.1 Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
    0.0.2 Crested Gecko
    1.2.Guinea Pigs
    1.0 Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Toad
    0.1 Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.2 Cats

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gunkle For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-14-2019),Dianne (04-15-2019),Paddy (04-14-2019),Pengil (04-14-2019),Sonny1318 (04-17-2019)

Thanks
    I failed to mention chess in my previous post
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Dianne (04-15-2019)

Thanks
    My main hobby would be fishing. I have been fishing for as long as I can. Remember. I spent a good part of my adult life fly fishing for trout gravitating to tying my own flies and using split bamboo fly rods. 5 years ago after spending many years vacationing in SWFL we moved to the gulf coast and I have dove into salt water fishing. I spend almost every weekend on the water. It is an entire new world with so many new things to learn.

I also enjoy a fine cigar and craft beers.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bagnew For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (04-15-2019),dakski (04-14-2019),Paddy (04-14-2019),Pengil (04-14-2019)

Thanks
    Ooopps Forgot to mention camping. We go at least one weekend a month from april to october and 1 week during the summer. Usually to state or federal parks/campgrounds as they are fairly cheap and more woodsy.
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Pastel Lesser Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel Bamboo Ball Python
    0.0.1 Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
    0.0.2 Crested Gecko
    1.2.Guinea Pigs
    1.0 Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Toad
    0.1 Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.2 Cats

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gunkle For This Useful Post:

Dianne (04-15-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    BUMP

Also - I can now add riding a motorcycle to my list of hobbies! Yes, I got my license and got a bike. Yes, is Katie cool with it and actually encouraged me to do it.
    Welcome to a whole different community. One thing you will notice is that riders and drivers are two different creatures. You pull over in your car and half the world will pass you by. Pull over on a bike and I can just about guarantee the next rider you see is going to stop and make sure your alright.

There is nothing on earth quite like riding a motorcycle, short of hang gliding, it's about as close as we humans can get to flying. Has someone given you a gremlin bell yet?
    Last edited by fadingdaylight; 04-14-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    - Jason

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

gunkle (04-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fadingdaylight View Post
    Welcome to a whole different community. One thing you will notice is that riders and drivers are two different creatures. You pull over in your car and half the world will pass you by. Pull over on a bike and I can just about guarantee the next rider you see is going to stop and make sure your alright.

There is nothing on earth quite like riding a motorcycle, short of hang gliding, it's about as close as we humans can get to flying. Has someone given you a gremlin bell yet?
    Thank you. I am very excited. I went out of my way to take a top notch intro course and plan to further with work with the top instructor there.

I pick my bike up this week, weather permitting.

I just googled "gremlin bell." No, I haven't gotten one yet.

Thank you again and I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Thank you. I am very excited. I went out of my way to take a top notch intro course and plan to further with work with the top instructor there.

I pick my bike up this week, weather permitting.

I just googled "gremlin bell." No, I haven't gotten one yet.

Thank you again and I'll keep everyone in the loop.
    What kind of bike are you getting?
    - Jason

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast