Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,950

0 members and 2,950 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Hobbies/Passions Other than Reptiles - Who are you other than a herp lover?

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    3. Collecting high-end liquor, mostly whiskey and scotch.

​Liquor Closet

My daughter went to a destination wedding in Scotland and picked me up a bottle of Scotch / Balblair 99 1st Release. It was delicious. I regret not stockpiling a couple bottles because they were only for sale at the airports and now it is gone. The second release is good but the first had a much nicer, almost chocolate finish. If you haven't tried Balblair, I would highly recommend you do.
    Last edited by rlditmars; 04-02-2019 at 09:22 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I raise rabbits, goats, and keep poultry in the back yard. We have nut and fruit trees. Most years I've gardened, but due to this location - intense summer heat, and very little rain, I've had hard time keeping the plants healthy. Started with kratky style hydroponics this Spring, and that has been going very well, so far. Got started several years ago with fish when I was looking into aquaponics, but mechanical complexity was a turn-off. I like fish themselves more and more, however, esp. in association with planted tanks.

Took the class, and passed for CCW this past year. Something I'd wanted to do for a long time.

I also like textiles, historic clothing/construction, art quilting (by hand), indigo dye vats, spinning and historic knitting. The men's gansey sweater construction interests me the most. Nordic colorwork is also rewarding to knit. Back when I lived in the mid-west, I raised Shetland sheep. I've also raised silkworms.
    Last edited by distaff; 04-02-2019 at 09:52 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to distaff For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019),Dianne (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts
    For work I spend most of my day behind a computer, so I try to make it a point that my hobbies aren't related to electronics such as cell phones, computers, gaming or tv's. In no particular order my hobbies are.

1. Hunting/fishing - it's really relaxing knowing the only thing you have to worry about is what is going on right there at that moment. Deer, turkey, squirrel, sharks, mahi mahi, white marlin, bass, catfish, perch.

2. Tinkering/repairs - it satisfying knowing something that was once broken is now useable. Most of my cars are old so they need constant work. I'm not afraid to change a transmission or an axle.

3. fabrication/modifications - I really enjoy building a tool that is needed for task. Cutting, welding, drilling, bending metal.

4. offroading - mostly driving over big rocks. I'm not to fond of mud.

5. Shooting trap/archery/pistols/rifles

6. Gardening - eating food that you harvested yourself

7. Animals - building trust with an animal and training them is rewarding. Watching their mannerisms and how they act.

8. Time with my wife - trying new things like tourist traps, and restaurants.

9. Cooking - I enjoy it when I'm allowed to.....or called in to taste or repair a dish that "is missing something"
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

Alicia (04-03-2019),dakski (04-03-2019),Dianne (04-02-2019),SilentHill (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Video games, makeup, fashion, cake decorating

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenidi For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019)

Thanks

1) guns
    2) reloading ammo
    3) dart frogs
    4) hunting
    5) boating/fishing
    6) minimalist camping
    7) PC gaming
    8) turning wrenches on anything with a motor
    9) other stuff....

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoatBoy For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    1. Crochet. I love the freedom and ease of learning to make whatever you want, how you want and the ability to go back and fix your mistakes. I know my stitches are nowhere as good as the experts, but I still get a lot of pride being able to say to myself, wow I made that?

2. Binge reading manga. Too many to count, preferably slice of life or some not over the top shounen genre. Attack on Titans, One Punch Man, My cat is my roommate, Zombieland Saga, Black Clover, Usagi Drop (anime only), My Love Story, Goblin Slayer, Tokyo Ghoul, etc.

3. Anime. I like the manga plots better but sometimes the anime outshines the manga, like Wolf's Rain and Assassin Classroom (probably misspelled).

4. Gaming. Used to play world of Warcraft since the Vanilla days. Stopped at Legion, and never went back. Dabbles in mobile gaming when I have time.

5. Reading, mostly nonfunctional books and bios.

6. Shopping. Looking for a sale and looking for what you need feels therapuetic.

7. Going out with family and friends. I go to public events with my nieces and nephews or I tutor them.

8. Going out with my dogs, usually to the dog park, dog friendly places or pet friendly expos.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019)

Thanks

First I like to say awesome car collection. Thats impressive. As far as myself, I live and breathe fishing. Mainly saltwater, but on occasions I get the itch to do some freshwater. I am fortunate where I live that just under an hour away is the Gulf of Mexico or about 90 mins away is the Atlantic ocean. Both offer completely different fishing styles. The only thing better than fishing on the weekend is fishing during the week . Wish my wife could fish with me more, but how our jobs are set up, she works most weekends. Until recently, I was into saltwater aquariums. I had two (one a fish only, the other a reef) going for over 18 years. I got into propagating corals for a time and did enjoy it. Two thing about saltwater tanks.....Expensive and labor intensive. Always had a snake so I made a deal with the wife. She has been wanting a "zen" room so gave up the aquarium room and sold everything. In return I could make the office (where the one snake was already) into a office/reptile room. 1 1/2 years later, she has her zen room and I am well on my way with my room. We have a lot of state parks near by which we enjoy hiking in with our dogs. I am a huge fan of college football (in particular the Gators). I get season tickets and look forward all year to tailgating for those 7 homes and some years try to go to one a road game too. Well probably bored you enough but in a nut shell......Thats me.
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bodie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    What do you like to shoot? I like indoor pistol and anything from plinking with a .22 to a .45.

My sister does pit bull rescue.
    i have a .40 XD and SS .22 for range shooting. i also like shooting trap and getting to an outdoor range occasionally to shoot my AR. so pretty much anything and everything.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    1. Crochet. I love the freedom and ease of learning to make whatever you want, how you want and the ability to go back and fix your mistakes. I know my stitches are nowhere as good as the experts, but I still get a lot of pride being able to say to myself, wow I made that?

2. Binge reading manga. Too many to count, preferably slice of life or some not over the top shounen genre. Attack on Titans, One Punch Man, My cat is my roommate, Zombieland Saga, Black Clover, Usagi Drop (anime only), My Love Story, Goblin Slayer, Tokyo Ghoul, etc.

3. Anime. I like the manga plots better but sometimes the anime outshines the manga, like Wolf's Rain and Assassin Classroom (probably misspelled).

4. Gaming. Used to play world of Warcraft since the Vanilla days. Stopped at Legion, and never went back. Dabbles in mobile gaming when I have time.

5. Reading, mostly nonfunctional books and bios.

6. Shopping. Looking for a sale and looking for what you need feels therapuetic.

7. Going out with family and friends. I go to public events with my nieces and nephews or I tutor them.

8. Going out with my dogs, usually to the dog park, dog friendly places or pet friendly expos.
    what is the diff between manga and anime?

i also forgot to mention we really love taking our dog out to the dog park or restaurants as well.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    what is the diff between manga and anime?
    Anime is animated, cartoons. Manga is in graphic novel form.
    Last edited by fadingdaylight; 04-02-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-03-2019),SilentHill (04-15-2019)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast