Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,575

1 members and 2,574 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Please critique my enclosure :)

Hello! I’ve been hoping to get a ball python since August, and I will hopefully be getting a super pastel from XYZReptiles some time in the coming months. I’ve had my enclosures set up and on the reptile site I moderate for a while, but I figured I’d get some additional insight from a forum

my quarentine enclosure is a 66 QT. tub with paper towel as substrate, 3 bowl hides (cool, humid, and warm), a heavy, resin water bowl, a large fake plant for cover, an under tank heater on a thermostat, and a 65 watt Phillips flood bulb for additional day heat and light. During the day, temperatures in the coolest part of the enclosure stay around 80 or slightly above, and the warmest stays 92 or below. At night, temperatures generally range from 78-87. Humidity stays around 55-70, sometimes going slightly higher for a short period after I mist.

this enclosure will only be used as quarantine for a month, if the snake is healthy.
    http://aminoapps.com/p/t08iopf -since these pictures were taken, the Tupperware container has been replaced by the water dish in the next enclosure, and I bent the fake plant to provide better cover.

Post quarantine enclosure-
    http://aminoapps.com/p/twia55
    substrate is fine grade fir bark (reptibark), along with a few pieces of moss. There are 3 hides if you don’t count the clutter, and the enclosure is a 50 gallon tub I’m in the process of putting sliding doors on. The heating is the same as the previous enclosure.
    The snake will be upgraded if it grows longer or almost as long as this enclosure.

Does anything need to be changed?

Thanks
    Ok if I’m reading it right your cool side can go up to 92? That’s not good if that’s what u meant. The hot spot I keep no higher than 91. As my thermostat only allows a +or - 1 degree. If u need to put the lamp on a thermostat too, they need to be able to self regulate

Thanks

Re: Please critique my enclosure :)

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Ok if I’m reading it right your cool side can go up to 92? That’s not good if that’s what u meant. The hot spot I keep no higher than 91. As my thermostat only allows a +or - 1 degree. If u need to put the lamp on a thermostat too, they need to be able to self regulate
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Nope, that’s my warm side temp

Thanks
    Anyone see anything that needs to be changed?

Thanks

Honestly it seems like a pretty perfect setup temperature wise. The humidity is the only point of contention imo and that’s negligible. You may have to mist once a day to keep that humidity but all and all. 60-70% is perfect. So I don’t even know if that’s a critique. Your well ahead of the curve with your first time of husbandry. Not many people are patient or willing enough to setup a quarantine tub. Great job on your research!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny For This Useful Post:

TechnoCheese (04-07-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Honestly it seems like a pretty perfect setup temperature wise. The humidity is the only point of contention imo and that’s negligible. You may have to mist once a day to keep that humidity but all and all. 60-70% is perfect. So I don’t even know if that’s a critique. Your well ahead of the curve with your first time of husbandry. Not many people are patient or willing enough to setup a quarantine tub. Great job on your research!
    Thank you! Very glad to hear nothing’s wrong