Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,428

1 members and 1,427 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Question Snake Rack Heatmat issue

Hello guys (I live in the UK if that helps you answer any questions), I've decided I'd like to setup a snake rack for my ball pythons and for future BPs that I'd like to add to my collection. The only problem I'm having is with the temperatures, I'm using 1 thermostat with a probe, the rack has 4 levels with 1 heatmat on each level (All heatmats are the same). The only problem is, I have no clue how to get the temperature of all 4 heatmats to the same temperature. Due to the thermostat only having one probe it's monitoring the 1 heatmat but all the heatmats are different temperatures, 1 or 2 maybe hotter and the others are colder and i have no clue how to get them all to the same temperature.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Ball Python(s)
    1.0 Phantom (Zeus)
    1.0 Coral Glow Pastel 100% Het Albino (Ares)

Thanks

Re: Snake Rack Heatmat issue

You need to plug in all the heat mats into a power bar and then plug the power bar into the thermostat. Put the probe on one of the middle racks and that will help keep all the mats close to the same temp.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, so Ill need to make sure all the heamats are completely cold and turned off for a while then turn them all on at the same time when it's plugged into the power bar/extension lead?
    Ball Python(s)
    1.0 Phantom (Zeus)
    1.0 Coral Glow Pastel 100% Het Albino (Ares)

Thanks

You can do it now while they're warm if you want it really doesn't make a difference because the thermostat should get it to the correct temp. But if I were you I would get it all plugged in the way it should be with substrate and everything in the tubs and monitor temps for a few days before putting the snakes in the tubs (assuming they're not in there already). That way you can make sure everything is perfect before the snakes go in the tubs. Wouldn't want someone getting burned