Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,867

1 members and 2,866 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Making a BEL.

Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Thanks

Making a BEL.

Hello y'all. From what you have bred, seen, heard or learnt, what is the best pairing to produce a Blue Eyed Leucistic noodle. What combo makes the healthiest, whitest (not pinkish nor greyish) blue-eyed snakes?
    Last edited by ShawarmaPoutine; 03-23-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    Mojave x lesser makes very white snakes that usually don't have eye issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

Thanks

Re: Making a BEL.

What would be next to pair with a butter female? cuz that's what I have lol. Also, I love the Lesser gene way more than butter. Have we reached a consensus if they're the same thing? (like CG & Banana)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Lesser and butter are the same just a different line, I don't recommend lesser x butter unless you like bug eye snake no one will buy.

Whether you have a butter or a lesser I would highly recommend a mojave to prevent that.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Lesser and butter are the same just a different line, I don't recommend lesser x butter unless you like bug eye snake no one will buy.

Whether you have a butter or a lesser I would highly recommend a mojave to prevent that.
    Thanks Deborah, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. would you say that only Mojave x Mojave will make will give a BEL a grayish tone?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    Thanks Deborah, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. would you say that only Mojave x Mojave will make will give a BEL a grayish tone?
    Yes Super Mojave do make a BEL however they have a very dirty head if you make a Hypo Super Mojave the head is less dirty but it's still not a pure white snake so Mojave x Lesser or Mojave Butter will be your best option unless of course you want to go with Super Russo but Russo on their own are not that great of a mutation compare to Lesser or Mojave.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

mcamnl (04-04-2019),Ronniex2 (11-19-2022),ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

Thanks

Yes Super Mojave do make a BEL however they have a very dirty head if you make a Hypo Super Mojave the head is less dirty but it's still not a pure white snake so Mojave x Lesser or Mojave Butter will be your best option unless of course you want to go with Super Russo but Russo on their own are not that great of a mutation compare to Lesser or Mojave.
    Thoughts about breeding a super mojave (BEL) x Butter and therefore increasing the normal of BELs in the clutch (50% of clutch)? I am gonna assume that a super Mojave BEL will be cheaper because of the "dirty head" compared to any other BELs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    Thoughts about breeding a super mojave (BEL) x Butter and therefore increasing the normal of BELs in the clutch (50% of clutch)? I am gonna assume that a super Mojave BEL will be cheaper because of the "dirty head" compared to any other BELs.
    Super Mojave’s cost more than a mojave. And one of them are to expensive to buy something u don’t really like to begin with. Also if breeding I’d not worry about the price as much as getting a great quality snake. U get out what u put in. Cheap out and u will not have the top of the line looking snakes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

ShawarmaPoutine (03-24-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Super Mojave’s cost more than a mojave. And one of them are to expensive to buy something u don’t really like to begin with. Also if breeding I’d not worry about the price as much as getting a great quality snake. U get out what u put in. Cheap out and u will not have the top of the line looking snakes.
    I know quality of the pairs is important. How important though? Does it determine what the offspring look like 50% of the time? 70%?

Thanks

Deborah, does butter x butter also make BELs with bug eyes?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast