Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 198

11 members and 187 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

hexherp (37)
SaltLife422 (28)

» Stats

Members: 64,027
Threads: 238,147
Posts: 2,473,705
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, LemonBlast91
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Making a BEL.

  1. #1
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Making a BEL.

    Hello y'all. From what you have bred, seen, heard or learnt, what is the best pairing to produce a Blue Eyed Leucistic noodle. What combo makes the healthiest, whitest (not pinkish nor greyish) blue-eyed snakes?
    Last edited by ShawarmaPoutine; 03-23-2019 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User Alter-Echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-13-2018
    Location
    Albion NY
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 744 Times in 439 Posts
    Mojave x lesser makes very white snakes that usually don't have eye issues.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

    ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

  4. #3
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Making a BEL.

    What would be next to pair with a butter female? cuz that's what I have lol. Also, I love the Lesser gene way more than butter. Have we reached a consensus if they're the same thing? (like CG & Banana)

  5. #4
    Telling it like it is! Deborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    23,650
    Thanks
    5,809
    Thanked 18,504 Times in 8,698 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6
    Lesser and butter are the same just a different line, I don't recommend lesser x butter unless you like bug eye snake no one will buy.

    Whether you have a butter or a lesser I would highly recommend a mojave to prevent that.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:

    ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

  7. #5
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Lesser and butter are the same just a different line, I don't recommend lesser x butter unless you like bug eye snake no one will buy.

    Whether you have a butter or a lesser I would highly recommend a mojave to prevent that.
    Thanks Deborah, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. would you say that only Mojave x Mojave will make will give a BEL a grayish tone?

  8. #6
    Telling it like it is! Deborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    23,650
    Thanks
    5,809
    Thanked 18,504 Times in 8,698 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    Thanks Deborah, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. would you say that only Mojave x Mojave will make will give a BEL a grayish tone?
    Yes Super Mojave do make a BEL however they have a very dirty head if you make a Hypo Super Mojave the head is less dirty but it's still not a pure white snake so Mojave x Lesser or Mojave Butter will be your best option unless of course you want to go with Super Russo but Russo on their own are not that great of a mutation compare to Lesser or Mojave.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:

    mcamnl (04-04-2019),ShawarmaPoutine (03-23-2019)

  10. #7
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Yes Super Mojave do make a BEL however they have a very dirty head if you make a Hypo Super Mojave the head is less dirty but it's still not a pure white snake so Mojave x Lesser or Mojave Butter will be your best option unless of course you want to go with Super Russo but Russo on their own are not that great of a mutation compare to Lesser or Mojave.
    Thoughts about breeding a super mojave (BEL) x Butter and therefore increasing the normal of BELs in the clutch (50% of clutch)? I am gonna assume that a super Mojave BEL will be cheaper because of the "dirty head" compared to any other BELs.

  11. #8
    Registered User Danger noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-15-2018
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 267 Times in 190 Posts

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    Thoughts about breeding a super mojave (BEL) x Butter and therefore increasing the normal of BELs in the clutch (50% of clutch)? I am gonna assume that a super Mojave BEL will be cheaper because of the "dirty head" compared to any other BELs.
    Super Mojaveís cost more than a mojave. And one of them are to expensive to buy something u donít really like to begin with. Also if breeding Iíd not worry about the price as much as getting a great quality snake. U get out what u put in. Cheap out and u will not have the top of the line looking snakes.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

    ShawarmaPoutine (03-24-2019)

  13. #9
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Super Mojaveís cost more than a mojave. And one of them are to expensive to buy something u donít really like to begin with. Also if breeding Iíd not worry about the price as much as getting a great quality snake. U get out what u put in. Cheap out and u will not have the top of the line looking snakes.
    I know quality of the pairs is important. How important though? Does it determine what the offspring look like 50% of the time? 70%?

  14. #10
    Registered User ShawarmaPoutine's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2018
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Making a BEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Yes Super Mojave do make a BEL however they have a very dirty head if you make a Hypo Super Mojave the head is less dirty but it's still not a pure white snake so Mojave x Lesser or Mojave Butter will be your best option unless of course you want to go with Super Russo but Russo on their own are not that great of a mutation compare to Lesser or Mojave.
    Deborah, does butter x butter also make BELs with bug eyes?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1