Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

2 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Hurry up and grow!

I love it! Did it take your BCO a little while to settle? I just picked up a young one and he's all spit fire and split personality, lol. Fine one second, hissing and striking the next. I know they can be a bit temperamental, especially when young. I'm going to give him a few weeks before starting short handling sessions.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (03-23-2019)

Thanks

I know I'll be glad when my ball python in my new baby corn snake grow! The corn can be pissy sometimes. Im sure she's still a bit scared. My BP is a perfect little gentleman. I just want him to hurry and grow long enough so he can securely hang around my neck without falling off.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (03-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I love it! Did it take your BCO a little while to settle? I just picked up a young one and he's all spit fire and split personality, lol. Fine one second, hissing and striking the next. I know they can be a bit temperamental, especially when young. I'm going to give him a few weeks before starting short handling sessions.
    My BCO had the same hissy attitude when I first got her Willow. She would huff and puff inside her tub and quiet down pretty quickly once I got her out. She's never tried to bite me though. I'd say it took her a month or two to completely calm down. She's as sweet as pie nowadays. Your buy Grimm is quite a handsome fella. I'm confident he'll mellow out after a few good meals.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 03-23-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

WhompingWillow (03-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    My BCO had the same hissy attitude when I first got her Willow. She would huff and puff inside her tub and quiet down pretty quickly once I got her out. She's never tried to bite me though. I'd say it took her a month or two to completely calm down. She's as sweet as pie nowadays. Your buy Grimm is quite a handsome fella. I'm confident he'll mellow out after a few good meals.
    That's reassuring. He has actually been pretty good the couple of times he has been physically handled, just a little hissing with a couple of strikes. Tonight he was in a really bad mood though and the hissing and striking was nuts. Kind of cute though with him still being so little.

And I have no doubts about his appetite after seeing him eat the other night, lol. Gotta love boas for that.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    That's reassuring. He has actually been pretty good the couple of times he has been physically handled, just a little hissing with a couple of strikes. Tonight he was in a really bad mood though and the hissing and striking was nuts. Kind of cute though with him still being so little.

And I have no doubts about his appetite after seeing him eat the other night, lol. Gotta love boas for that.
    Not to derail Ziggys post but willow, this podcast is a GREAT listen for learning a lot about keeping Argentine Boas if you haven’t already listened.
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/corallu...-reproductions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (03-24-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Both are looking great Ziggy! Your collection of snakes is so awesome and one to be proud of... Thank you for sharing. BTW, how are your bulls doing??
    Last edited by Jus1More; 03-24-2019 at 09:56 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Both are looking great Ziggy! Your collection of snakes is so awesome and one to be proud of... Thank you for sharing. BTW, how are your bulls doing??
    Thanks Just! The bulls are both doing great. My female bull is still my largest snake right now at 8ft. I need to take some new pictures of them. I'll work on that.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 03-24-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12